Chapter 30 (last chapter..)💕

1 year later...
Kahlis pov

I walked to my angel's headstone with balloons and a bunch of flowers. "Happy birthday baby...I miss you. We all do.." I sighed while sitting by her gave stone.

The stone read.

Athena Hart 2003-2022
Loved by everyone, known by all.

I felt my eyes fill with tears as I hugged the ground by the grave. "God dammit Athena. I told you...I fucking told you I needed you!" My hands shook as I wiped her tombstone off.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see no one there. I looked around but I was the only one there.

I looked down and shook my head. "Athena...I know you are here. I can't feel it, I'm my heart. Just know that I never stopped loving you." I felt a cool wind by my ear making me shiver.

Suddenly my phone started playing a song and I quickly grabbed it to see 'Butterfly repose' Athena's favorite song...

I chuckled and smiled up at the bright blue sky. "Happy birthday baby." I got up and walked back to my car.

I sat there, thinking for a while. I was the one who found her that day...she was outside picking flowers and something told me to check on her and I found her laying in a peaceful position.

She passed a few months ago and the whole time she always hung out with her friends and even when she was in pain she would smile at everyone who walked past.

Amirah was heartbroken and ended up moving in with us. She gave me some of her clothes and her perfumes which I was more than thankful for.

I felt like a hollow shell walking around with my heart. I walk around feeling empty...like I have nothing left to hold onto.

I started smoking more, and I know if she was here she would be mad at me...but that's just the thing that hurts..is that she's not here.

I tried to hate her...how could she do this to me?! But I couldn't. She was too pure to feel or get any hate...and I will be damned if I let myself be the first person to hate her sweet soul.

I grabbed the picture that I keep in my center consul and looked down at it. It was of her and all of my men, she was the only one smiling and everyone else had a gun in her hand.

Derrick hit the hardest, he said that she reminded him of his daughter.

I kissed the picture and put it back. I started the car and drove back to the base.

Once I got to the base I got out and went straight inside. Once I walked in I walked straight up the stairs to our room.

I walked in to see her side still empty...I don't know why I think she will just magically come back one day.

I felt almost guilty as I remembered that I never told her about her dad, how her dad was still alive...

She will only come back to me in my dreams.

My little librarian...

Hey guys...I'm sorry for how this book ended...it was really rough and for that, I truly apologize. I love all of you! Till next time..-love the author. Word count 571🦋