Chapter 14💕

Athena pov

My eyes slowly opened and the morning light was right in my eyes making me shut them again. I slowly tried to get up but a strong arm was stopping me.

I almost freaked out until I looked over my shoulder to see Kahlis's face resting on my pillow. He looks so peaceful I want to take a picture but that would be weird.

Do it...

My thoughts won as I reached over for my phone. I looked down at him and quickly took a picture and put my phone down.

I tried to get up without waking him up so I slowly lifted his heavy arm and slowly scooted to the end of the bed.

I was almost all the way up when he grabbed me and pulled me back to his chest. "Stay." I looked at him to see his eyes closed and his head buried into my neck.

His morning voice sounded deep and raspy, I wanted him to talk more but I would feel bad if I woke him up just to talk.

I sat still until I heard a light groan. "Athena. What time is it?" I looked over at my clock and cringed.

I was quiet and he peaked up at me. I smiled sheepishly and spoke. "5 am" his eyebrows pulled together causing a small crease. I took my finger and smoothed it out.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me with his soft brown eyes making me feel butterflies. "Are you okay darling? Why are you up so early?" I usually wake up around this time to get ready for school...was that not normal?

I looked around and he grabbed my chin, gently bringing it down to his face. "I am usually getting ready for school around this time." He nodded and slowly sat up.

I sat up as well and slowly got off the bed. "Athena! Are you up?!" Amirah yelled through my door.

I looked at Kahli with wide eyes as he tried not to smile. I pointed to the bathroom while yelling back. "Yeah...uh- one sec!" She stayed quiet.

I pointed at the bathroom when I saw he wasn't moving. He got up and walked towards me. "Trying to hide me, darling?" I smacked his chest and he smirked while walking to the bathroom.

Once he was in the bathroom I opened the door and saw Amirah with two shirts in her hand. I opened the door out of breath. "Hey...I just need your help." Her voice trailed off while she looked up at me.

I smiled and picked the black crop top that had a small smiley face on it. She gave me a knowing smirk and I turned around to see Kahli leaning on the bathroom door.

I shut the door and heard her laughing. I locked my door and matched over to him. "What if that was my dad hm? Do you not think?" I reached up and pushed his head back.

He looked down at me and shrugged. "You need to go." I pushed past him and walked into my bathroom.

I heard the bathroom door close and I saw him standing there in the mirror looking at me up and down. I felt my face get hot as I put the toothbrush in my mouth.

He came up behind me and put his hands on my hips, he leaned his head down and whispered in my ear. "Your dad already left." I felt my neck hairs stand up.