Chapter 22💕

Kahlis pov

I am currently sitting at the meeting for more shipments, I just dropped off Athena's bag and her food.

I really hope she is eating it.

I know her dad is home so I had to practically pry myself away from her house and go to this fucking meeting.

I have been dealing with that small Russian gang for a few months now. Every time we get a lead on them they vanish under the radar.

If I knew that they weren't all complete assholes I would try to work with them but now, not even a chance.

They stole our shipment and we caught one of their gang members in my restaurant. The guy's name was Mattie and he gave us some information after we tortured him for a week.

He said that they were planning something big and that's all he said before Tyler got a little too trigger-happy. Asshole!

I was telling my team how the new security was going to be set up when I got a phone call. I looked down and was ready to hang up but I saw her name pop up on my screen.

After she hung up I was already grabbing as many guns as I could. She told me someone had broken in and that she was really scared.

I felt my heart race in my chest as I ran down the stairs. Tyler was there when I got the call so he was also grabbing guns and men.

I got downstairs and felt a hand grab my arm. I turned around and saw Sofi. She walked over to me and put her nasty hands on my cheeks.

I pushed her away but she practically jumped on me. "Please, just forget about her..." I pushed her to the ground and punched her in the face making her groan in pain.

I pulled out my gun and shot her in the head.

I ran out of the house and ran to the car and sped all the way to her house. I just hope I am not too late...I can't lose her.

When I saw her house I barely parked my car and jumped out. My heart dropped when I saw her dad not home meaning she was home alone.

The door was opened and I ran in while trying to look around. I tried yelling out for her but she wouldn't answer.

I felt my heart race faster and faster as I ran to her room. I slammed the door open and tried to look around her room.

I stopped when I heard a small whimper coming from her closet. I ripped the door open and instantly dropped to my knees in front of Athena's bloody body.

I slowly picked her up and she whimpered in pain. I closed my eyes trying not to cry but I accidentally let one fall.

She put a warm hand on my cheek and I looked down at her sweet face. "I'm okay." I shook my head at her.

She's anywhere but okay! And it's all my fault whether she believes it or not.

I walked outside and half of my men were all standing by the vans, ready to kill some people. My baby screwed her eyes shut and I nodded my head to them.

They instantly got back into the van and I walked over to Tyler. He looked at me with a serious face and he mouthed the word 'Russian' I nodded and he sighed.