Chapter 5💕

Athena's pov

It has been two full days since I have last seen Dani or Kahli. There are posters for the lost jock at school and everyone thinks he is dead.

The police even came to the school and questioned a few people. I was the last one to see him so I just stayed away from them till they left.

I'm sure he is fine. Maybe he just drove home or drove away and is just having a road trip...for two full days.

Amirah has been staying with us and I really don't mind. It's good to know that she is safe with us. My dad has been working more and Amirah got a job at a small cafe.

I am really proud of her, she told her parents that she was staying with us till they got sober and they didn't really care and I know that broke her. My dad has been trying to be helpful the best he can.

Now that I am up to date with my life I need to focus on the now. Now it's Thursday and I'm working till seven tonight.

I have helped a few people here and there and I've also helped some kids pick out some books. But it's just whatever I do, I can't seem to take my mind off of Kahli.

The time read 5:58 and I wanted to almost cry. 2 more hours!

I started dusting off selves and I even finished the rest of the book that I was reading. I was wiping off the front desk for the third time today when the bell went off.

I looked up and froze. "Hey, Athena right?" The man from the club walked up to the front counter and tapped his pale big hands on the wood.

I nodded my head and he stuck out his hand. "I'm Tyler, but my friends call me Ty." I nodded my head and slowly shook his warm hand.

It felt weird because the last time I saw him he was chasing after me. And now he is here in a library...the same library where I work.

I noticed I was staring and so I cleared my throat. "What can I help you with?" I tried to keep eye contact but failed.

He tapped his chin like he was thinking before turning to me quickly. "A car book! With lots and lots of pictures!" I chuckled at his playful tone.

I walked out from behind the counter and pointed my hand toward the kid's section. "Right over there. There should be some really cool car books." I put on my little kid voice that I use with kids and he rolled his eyes.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him to where I was just pointing. "I need help. And you are a librarian so that's your job." He said in a 'matter of fact' tone and I chuckled.

I shook my head and walked to the car section. I pulled out around ten books and handed them to him. "Hey, do you have some time...to chat?" I looked at him and smiled softly.

I could never say no to someone wanting to talk. What if they really just need to talk and I turned them down? That's rude.

I walked to the front desk with him following close behind me. I pulled out another chair and placed it by mine behind the desk. "Thank you, kind librarian woman." He bowed and I chuckled.

He sat down and handed me a book. I looked at him confused and he just shrugged while opening a little red book that says 'little red cars'.