Chapter 7 (part 2)💕

Athena's pov

I was just left there at the library for over two hours wondering what just happened. No one else came in so I just sat in the chair all day.

It hit six pm and I didn't move. I know I need to close everything up but it was like everything just hit me. Everything that happened smacked all at once.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my hands around them. I didn't cry I didn't do anything. I just felt empty.

I blocked out the world just for a few minutes, that's all I wanted. I looked down to see that it was now six twenty and so I slowly got up.

I walked to the windows and pulled down the blinds while signing out of the sheet, I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door.

I locked the door and shook it making sure it was locked before turning around. The parking lot was empty so I looked down at my phone and saw that I had ten missed calls from Kahli.

Whoops.

I didn't want to see him right now so I just thought that it was a good idea to walk home. I pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphones.

I was listening to 'Everlong' by Foo fighters. I hummed along to the song and remembered my mom's voice singing it in our car. She would always listen to metal-type music while my dad always listens to indie and slow music.

I turned the volume down because I felt like I was being watched. I heard footsteps behind me and then a hand yank my headphones out of my ears.

I turned in fright to see Tyler with a warm smile on his face. His smile dropped as he took in my red eyes and puffy cheeks.

He turned and looked at a black car, I was confused till I saw the driver's door open and Kahli step out. I grabbed my headphones from Tyler's hand and started to walk away.

I heard Tyler sigh and Kahli yell. "Athena get in the fucking car. I'm not chasing you!" I walked faster just wanting to go home and cry.

My legs started to burn from the lack of exercise and because they are so big. I slowed down for a second and when I did I felt hands grab me by my hips.

I was turned around and I looked up to see Kahlis face look a tint of red. His eyes were filled with anger and I got scared so I tried to get away.

He held me tighter and began to yell at me. "ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? HUH? ANSWER ME ATHENA!" I shook my head and he shook my shoulders.

He took a deep breath before yelling again. "You just don't fucking get it, Athena! That fucking boy hurt you and yet you get mad at me? You fucking idiot!" I'm not stupid I know what the boy did was wrong but that doesn't mean he had to hurt him that bad.

I heard footsteps and looked behind him to see Tyler running up and trying to grab Kahli off of me. Kahli shoved him back and gripped my shoulders tightly.

I whispered through my dry voice feeling my throat close. "Let me go. You are hurting me." His grip immediately started to feel softer but still tight.

Tyler tried once again to pull him off of me and Kahli sighed deeply while glancing back at Tyler. Tyler threw his hands up in surrender and started walking backward.