Chapter 11💕

Athena's pov

"Okay, I'm thinking of a word that starts with K!" Amirah shouted while I was in the shower.

We were currently getting ready for school and she thought I looked 'down' so she is now sitting in the bathroom with me playing random games while I shower.

I thought for a second and the only word I could think of was...Kahli...I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Kia?" I guessed as I rinsed out my hair.

She hummed for a second before laughing. "No, I was thinking of the word...Kahli..." I sighed as I wrapped a towel around me.

I looked over at her and shook my head, she rolled her eyes and stood up. "Come on! He picked you up from school and was worried about you! Come on Athena pull your head out of your ass!" I spun around and looked at her with wide eyes.

She just raised her eyebrows, challenging me to say something. But I couldn't, I just scuffed and turned around to brush my teeth.

I heard the bathroom door open and I looked up to see my dad leaning on the door. "Pull what out of what?" He glanced down at Amirah and she sheepishly smiled while looking away.

I spit out the toothpaste and wiped my mouth while turning around. "Nothing dad, it's just nothing.." my voice trailed off as I walked out of my bathroom.

Amirah and my dad left my room so that I could change. I just grabbed some sweats and a hoodie. I didn't feel good today, it was like my heart is always pounding and I just feel dizzy.

I walked out of my closet and sat on my bed. I looked over to see my phone lighting up. I sighed before answering it and putting it to my ear. "Yeah?" I didn't mean to sound rude it's just I'm tired.

It was silent for a few seconds and so I hung up. I got up from my bed and had to sit back down because I was super dizzy.

I slowly stood up and walked to my door. I practically crawled downstairs and into the kitchen.

My dad turned around and grabbed my face lightly while turning it side to side. "Hey butterfly, you don't look so well why don't you stay home, Hm?" I wanted to argue but I was so dizzy I couldn't even hold up my own head.

My knees gave in and my dad caught me. "Athena? What's wrong baby?" I pointed to my head and my dad nodded.

He stood up and carried me back to my room. He set me in bed and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Rest up here okay? Eat some soup and try to just stay low-key. I will be home a little later and Amirah will be home around six." I nodded and he sent me a sad smile while turning around.

After a few minutes, the front door opened and closed twice letting me know that I am now home alone. I tried to watch some tv but I couldn't find anything.

I was laying there and counting my popcorn ceiling when my phone started to ring. I picked it up and placed it on speakerphone.

Me: Hello?

Kahli: Athena? You sound like shit, are you okay?

Me: No.

Kahli: Do you want me to come over?