Chapter Two: Hermione Granger

~Hermione~

When the boys landed on my trolley, I nearly hexed them.

Ron untangled himself first, and kissed me. Neville and Luna goggled.

"Ron!" I shoved him away.

"Sorry, 'Mione," he said, flinging an arm about my shoulders and watching as Harry staggered to his feet.

I swore. "I forgot to mention that you should bring Ginny, didn't I?"

Harry perked up. "I'll get her." He vanished, and Ron looked at me quizzically.

"Not until Harry and Ginny arrive," I said.

Neville and Luna chorused, "Hi, Ron."

Ron's eyes swept over Luna, with good cause too.

I had managed to coax her into a silver t-shirt, blue trainers, and jeans. The only strange accessory she wore was a Ravenclaw tie through the belt loops of her jeans.

Harry Apparated back with Ginny clasping his hand.

"Hey, Ginny," I said. Five pairs of eyes blinked at me, silently asking for an explanation.

"So, everyone here heard about the exchange program from my letters, right?" Five pairs of eyes bobbed in agreement. "Dumbledore and his friend, who goes by the name of Chiron, had been planning to do this for years, but with the war, they never really got around to it. Professor McGonagall drew nine names from all the students who are attending Hogwarts this year."

"You weren't pulled, were you?" Ron gasped.

"No," I said. Ron gave a huge sigh of relief. "We all can stay here and show the Americans around."

I glanced at Ginny and she grinned.

"The Slytherins called were Niles Hanley and Bowen Duffield. The Hufflepuffs, Aki Sugiyama, and Jessica Tring. The Ravenclaws, Nola Johnston, Cordelia Gifford, and Nigel Wroxton."

"And what about the Gryffindors?" Harry asked. "If I did the maths right, there's one more."

"Only one?" Ron blustered at the exact moment I said the name.

"Sorry, didn't catch that," Harry said.

"Dennis Creavey," I said.

Harry stared at me. "Colin Creavey's little brother."

It wasn't a question, but I nodded.

And then, a train whistle blew. The exchange students had arrived.