Chapter Three: Piper McLean

~Piper~

My legs were cramping from sitting on the train for too long, and the British pastries hadn't agreed with me. I'd thrown up twice.

Jason grabbed me as I started to fall back.

"Whoa there, beauty queen," he said, steadying me. His blue eyes sparkled and the corners of his little scar turned up. "Do you need to be carried?"

"Don't even think about it, Sparky." I laughed. Although, being carried sounded pretty great.

"'Mione! Hello-oo! The Americans have arrived!"

The teasing voice cut through the air. Off to our left, there stood a weirder group than most I'd seen, except for the crew of the Argo II.

A brown-haired girl stood talking to two girls and three boys. The red-headed boy on the right was her boyfriend; I could tell. Gods, stupid love-obsessed beauty goddess of a mom!

The smallest boy in the group reminded me of Percy, who was teasing Annabeth and getting told off by Reyna, and Nico, who was at the back of the group glaring at... me. Yikes.

Anyway, the pudgy boy and the blonde girl stood like people who were the odd ones out. The ginger girl was the one who had yelled out, and was waving us over.

"Hey!" she said. "I'm Ginny Weasley, and these are Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom-" she pointed the blonde girl and the pudgy boy in turn. Percy, Leo, and Jason sniggered. "Hermione Granger; her boyfriend and my brother, Ron; and finally, my boyfriend, Harry Potter."

She was staring at us like she was expecting something. In fact, all of them were, except Harry. He stared at the ground and muttered, "They wouldn't know."

And then, Nico cried out in pain.