Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hazel Levesque

~Hazel~

I laughed into my hand as Reyna stalked away from Malfoy, who was dripping with punch and cherry red in the face.

"I have never seen any mortal look that mad," I said, still shaking from laughter.

Frank was roaring with laughter too, until he slipped into a table of éclairs and sent them crashing to the floor.

I smiled at him. "Forget about it, Frank. The people around us are wizards, remember?"

"Sorry," he mumbled, then froze.

There was an outbreak of vile swears from my sweet, kind boyfriend, and a scuffle between Percy, Will, Reyna, and Jason to cover Nico's ears. Nico let out some swears of his own.

There was a hellhound in the center of the ballroom, growling. Some people ignored it, but some screamed and ran away.

There was a whole hoard of monsters: hellhounds, dracaenae, empousi, gryphons, harpies, and others I couldn't identify.

One scream cut over all the rest. A black-haired girl was screaming a never-ending note, her face white with terror.

I drew the sword I'd hidden in my purse, which was stashed under a table.

"Oh my God, she has a sword!" Malfoy yelled.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Annabeth said, pulling out her drakon bone sword. I exchanged a look with my half-blood friends, and we all charged.

It felt great to be moving and fighting again. I suppose that was my ADHD talking, but I ducked under claw swipes and stabbed monsters like it was nothing.

I was vaguely aware of Frank bouncing around, shifting from lion to bear to dragon to snake to dragon again.

I was back to back with Piper, who was yelling at the mortals to run.

Percy summoned a wave and drowned three monsters. Nico cut a dracaena in half. But still more monsters pushed through the doors, the windows. A hellhound fell through the roof.

Leo set it on fire and winked at Calypso, who blew a monster up with an incantation.

The fight could have lasted seconds or an hour. I had no way of knowing, but eventually the torrent of monsters faded.

All the demigods were standing in a clump in the middle of the Great Hall, weapons out.

Six very startled pairs of eyes blinked at us. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, and Luna stood in a line, shifting their weight and fidgeting nervously.

Oh, Pluto.

Guys, I just burst into tears. You know why?

I went past 50,000 reads.

I'm staring at my laptop and listening to Taylor Swift and bawling because I'm just so freaking happy.

I hope everyone had a great holiday, whatever they celebrate. Thank you so much.

You know, when I started this book, I thought it was a fun idea because I'd read so many of these cliché stories. I just made it as a joke.

It's so funny that I made this to be nonsense, but now this is one of the most popular things I've ever written.

Thank you.