Chapter Twenty-Four: Ron Weasley

Hello, I'M STILL ALIVE!

This is a bit of a filler chapter, sorry, but I'm racing to be done so I can write the ball scene where-

Wait, I can't tell you that, never mind.

Anywho, this chapter sucks, but I try.

My mom is listening to HOO on audiobook and now she's obsessed. YAY! Please follow mommycatt because she's very cool. Also read her book, The Curse.

One swearword that's not even very bad, but anyone might be offended by h*ll capital H, take warning!

Y'all or y'uys (Magistra Latham, I am looking at you) this is sirius. Oh look, I made a pun. Anyway, do we want Reyna to go to the ball with Draco? I DEMAND INPUT!!! If you comment, I'll tally up the votes and see. If she doesn't go to the ball with Draco, who does she go with (don't say Neville!)?

Please don't be a silent reader!

So, enjoy!

~Ron~

"Perce," I said uneasily. "What we you doing underwater in the middle of December?"

Percy got out of the water and shook himself, like a dog drying off.

"I love cold water," he said eventually. "Swimming in the cold help clear my head and I always know if I'm going to get hypothermia and-"

He talked so fast and so readily that I didn't believe him.

At last, he looked up and said, "What?"

"I'm going to take you to Hades Point," I told him.

His face instantly paled, as if I'd suggested that we hike through Hell.

I grabbed his arm. "It's not that bad. Just don't slip."

I dragged Percy down the school grounds, smiling at Hermione through a window. Once we passed a ghost, and Percy yelped in surprise.

"Not a big fan of the dead," he said shakily.

"And your cousin?" I asked dryly.

Percy's eye twitched. "His sister died." He said it bluntly. "I saw it."

My throat went dry. "I'm so sorry-"

"It almost destroyed Nico," Percy said. "That and... um... that other thing."

My opinion on Nico di Angelo instantly changed.

"I'll try to be more polite," I promised. "Anything else about your friends I need to know?"

Percy thought long and hard about it.

"Nothing you need to know right now," he said seriously.

I shivered. That's cryptic.

We stayed quiet until we started to hike uphill.

"What-" Percy panted, about halfway up. "Are we doing?"

"Hades Point." I pointed straight up the hill. "Over there."

When we made it to the top, Percy said, "Whoa."

The rocky spear jutted out into kilometers of thin air and far below us was the forest. From the top of the ledge, you could see Hogwarts and the train tracks, which were just trails of silver through a diamond forest.

"Whoa," said Percy faintly. "This is amazing."

"People come here to talk or to dare-devil jump off the ledge. No one's died in months though."

Percy chuckled. "You're not the first person to tell me 'No one's died in months'."

I laughed.

"My cousin Thalia would hate this. She's afraid of heights." Percy slapped a hand over his mouth. "I wasn't supposed to tell anyone."

I smiled. "I hate heights. So does my brother." Then I burst out laughing.

Percy watched me with concern as I snorted with mirth.

"My brother-" I choked. "-is named Percy."

He blinked in surprise, his green eyes confused.

When my laughter subsided, I said, "It's just been so weird calling you Percy. Percy is my brother. He's a prat, really, but he's developed a sense of humor."

Percy slapped himself around the face. "Schist!"

I looked at him like he was loony. "What?"

Percy shook his head and said absentmindedly, "Inside joke. I have to get inside. I have to get to Annabeth!"

He stood up and raced down the hill, yelping as he slid.