Chapter Twenty-Nine: Hazel Levesque

~Hazel~

"It's Jordan Denner," Hermione stated proudly.

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other and looked around.

"Who?" Will asked. He played with a bandage around his wrist.

"Oh!" Ginny gasped so loudly that I jumped.

"I remember her!" Ginny said excitedly. "She's in my DADA class. Stringy dark hair and she's got a habit of peeling the skin off her lips!"

"That's right," Hermione said. "And she's rather adept at Care of Magical Creatures."

Henry Saps scowled at Neville. "You got me out of bed for this?"

"She's got a powerful aura," the burly satyr grumbled. "Possibly Big Three. My guess is daughter of Hades."

Nico rubbed his eyes and denied the idea. "She doesn't feel that way to me. I partnered with her in Care of Magical Creatures and she didn't really have a 'death' feeling. Animals usually shy away from us, but the giant badger we were working with cozied right up to her. She's not a child of Hades or Pluto."

"Then," Annabeth said. "Who?"

We sat in silence for a few minutes until Grover's growling stomach broke the hush.

"Sorry." Grover blushed. "Skipped dinner."

Percy and Annabeth feigned shock.

"Leo," I said, recalling something that had scared the wits out of me when I was little and could save us now. "Remember that dream. You said there was a girl and a giant killing everyone. The girl was probably Jordan, but can you describe the giant?"

"Sure," Leo answered, a look of bewilderment crossing his face. "She was wearing one of those Roman bed sheet things- a toga- and her skin was super pale. Like, Nico pale."

Nico wrinkled his nose. "Will thinks I should tan."

"It wouldn't be that hard," Will said. "Apparently Italians tan fast."

"Can you talk about this later?" Jason demanded. "Keep going, Leo."

"Curly brown hair," Leo said, concentration creasing his brow. "Blood red eyes."

The description of the eyes confirmed my suspicions. "It's Deicida!" I burst out.

Jason arched his eyebrows. "What's that?"

"Deicida was an ancient goddess created by spite and hate. She was meant to kill the gods and take over, but Venus banished her to Tartarus, because hate is the opposite of love. My mom used to summon her, and it scared me to death. Sometimes, Deicida talked about a prophecy that meant her rising again, so I researched when I got to Camp Jupiter. I even asked Ella, and she found the whole prophecy for me." I took a breath to continue when I saw the wizards staring at me. "What?"

"Your mum summoned an evil goddess," Hermione said flatly.

"In 1938," I added. All the wizards made identical shocked expressions. "I was born in 1928, I died when I was thirteen, and Nico brought me back to life last year."

"Moving on," Frank said. "What did the prophecy say?"

I frowned, thinking hard, and the words surfaced in my mind.

"Shifting skin the god-killer slays,

Or fortress home of magic raze."

"That's all I can remember," I said, blushing.

A long pause followed this proclamation.

"Shifting skin the god-killer slays," Hermione said quietly, breaking the hush that had overtaken the room. "Deicida is Latin. If you break it down, it's dei and cida. Gods and one who kills. Deicida is in that line of the prophecy."

"But what's shifting skin?" Ron asked. "An animagus?"

"It's me." Frank's voice was barely a whisper, but every head turned to him.

"What?" I whispered. My voice broke.

Frank let out a deep breath. "Thanatos visited me in a dream."

"And you didn't tell us?" Percy's voice was soft, but his face turned to stone. "Frank, what..."

"He said that, because I helped him, he would help me too."

I swallowed down the lump in my throat, but tears rolled down my cheeks.

Frank pressed his lips together and closed his eyes. I think he was crying a bit too. "I'm destined to die."