Chapter Twelve: Reyna Ramírez-Arellano

~Reyna~

I charged out of my room. Percy and Annabeth were already on the stairs, and I brandished my knife. 

"Hey Reyna!" Annabeth shouted as we barreled down the stairs.

We skidded into the main bar. Nico staring at Ron, giving off powerful death vibes. Ron had a long stick out, waving it at Nico.

I ran in between them. "Stop it!"

Ron gave me one of the meanest looks I've ever seen.  "This- this- this freak is your friend?!" he yelled.

"Shut up!" Nico roared.

I waved my hands. "Whoa! Ron, take a hike. Nico, get a drink, okay? I'll buy."

I dug money out of my pocket from my visit to Gringotts and gave it to the still-screaming barmaid. Her shrieks ground to a halt as she stared at the gold Galleon.

She passed us two butterbeers, and Nico started talking in a low voice.

***

I stared at the unforgiving stone wall that Piper and Jason had just vanished into. I knew that it was the only way to get to the train to the magic school, but I never really considered running myself into a wall before.

"Reyna, you next," Ginny directed, pointing at me.

I moved my trolley in front of me and sprinted toward the wall before I could stop myself. I passed straight through the barrier and halted just before running into Leo. I hadn't seen much of him, chatting with the barmaid, Iris-messaging Calypso, joking around with George Weasley.

"Hey, Reyna!" He waved me next to him. "That was some bar fight, huh?"

I rolled my eyes. "That was not a bar fight. That was a little argument."

"In a bar."

"Fine."

"You wanna tell me about it?" He made a rolling gesture with his hand, like, go on.

Nico had sworn me to secrecy, and I wouldn't give up my friend's trust. It was hard enough getting him to trust me in the first place.

"Sorry," I said. "Can't tell you."

He looked like he was going argue, but at that minute, the train whistle blew.

I hopped on the train and took a compartment across from the wizards. Ron gave me a dirty look and his mouth formed a swear.

I looked away and tugged the books I got from Diagon Alley out of my bag. My wand tumbled out along with my robes. Blackthorn, with a phoenix feather core.

I picked it up, and waved it experimentally. The glass door cracked, then repaired itself.

I frowned, but a commotion in the hall distracted me. I stepped out, and Ron ripped my sleeve up, exposing my SPQR tattoo. I yelped.

"See!" He waved to a crowd of onlookers. "Death Eater."

He broke off, staring down the hall. Nico was nursing a cut on his hand, accompanied by Percy and Jason.

"Vlacas." Nico cursed. "I cut myself."

Jason stopped. "What in Tartarus is going on here?"