Chapter Seven: Hermione Granger

~Hermione~

We all shoved into the drive. My mum stood at the door, eyebrows raised. I could tell that she wasn't expecting nine new people. Whatever she thought, she didn't say it.

"Hello," she said, holding out her hand for shake. "I'm Hermione's mum; you can call me Julia."

"'Kay, Julia," Leo said.

No one shook her hand, either. She just stood there with her hand outstretched.

Ron cleared his throat. "Ahem, Mrs. Granger. Maybe the guests want to go inside." He said it like a suggestion.

Mum shook her head. "Right, of course." She waved a hand and we all followed her into the house.

Once we were settled in the living room, Mum called Ginny up to help her get some refreshments ready. Then she gripped Ginny by the shoulders and exclaimed, "Ginny, look how much you've grown!"

Ginny blushed to the roots of her hair, and poured the hot water for tea.

Mum asked, "Anyone for biscuits and tea? Ronald, of course. Neville, how about you?"

Leo piped up. "Got any coffee?" He really didn't need it. His fingers were constantly tapping on his knees.

Everyone else looked confused. "Biscuits?" Percy asked. "Like the breakfast thing?"

His blonde friend slapped him. "She means cookies!"

All the Americans heard and chorused, "Sure!"

Mum bustled around. "Hand me that tray, ducky." A big Chinese boy passed her a silver tray.

"Pass the sugar, sweetie." Piper McLean (daughter of Tristan Mclean; I loved King of Sparta, I even showed it to Ginny) passed Mum a little cup of sugar.

When everyone had something to drink, Mum asked, "So, are all of you friends of Hermione's from Hogwarts?"

I spat my tea back into the cup.

She obviously thought I was choking at the word friends, because she said, "Sorry, sausage, classmates from Hogwarts. Are you here to study for the wizard exams?"

I tried to convey Shut up, Mum as best I could without talking.

She finally got the message and left to go do the washing up.

I had a lot of explaining to do.

~

So, there was some confusion about Ginny loving King of Sparta in Chapter Six, so I cleared that up. I know I haven't updated in forever, so do your worst. *cowers in a ball* Also, I know I already did Hermione's POV, but this chapter wouldn't have worked with Percy's POV, which is how I started. Percy's POV will be next chapter.

Yours in demigod-ish-ness,

Nicodiangelogurl