002

The bell on the door rings as I open the door to Family Video. Immediately after the interview and the whole fiasco with Eddie, I needed to see Robin.

She looks up at the door as if she was ready to greet a customer, but she sees me instead and immediately screams. I run up to her, and quite literally she drags me across the counter and hugs me tighter.

"What the hell Sam! I thought you were coming next week!" She exclaims, and I can't help but to giggle in excitement from seeing her. It had been so long, and talking over the phone just wasn't enough.

"I wanted to surprise you, and I come bearing gifts." I say, and I hold out matching shirts that I had gotten us in London. They were cheesy, but I knew she would like them.

She thanks me, setting the shirt under the counter, and she begins to go on and on about how different I looked. There wasn't a drastic difference, she was truly exaggerating. My hair was about three inches longer, and everything was the same.

"Robin, it's been 6 months not 6 years." I say cutting her rant off, and she finally stops as she realizes how much she had been rambling.

"It felt like 6 decades." She jokes back, and I cant stop the evident smile on my face. I missed her and her corny jokes so fucking much.

"So, how have things been around here?" I say, perching myself up on the counter as we continue to talk. I can't help but to glance at Steve who was walking around around the store organizing different movies.

"You mean what has Steve been up to..." She says, and I turn my eyes to look at her to see that she had been watching me look at him. "No, I just want to know what everyone has been up to." I reply.

"I told you I'm not getting in the middle of this." She says booping my nose, and I roll my eyes at her, throwing my head back and sighing.

"You're no fun." I reply.

"No, but I will be fun later when we all hang. Oh, by the way we're all hanging tonight, Robin." Steve says, interrupting our conversation, and I was silently praying he wasn't listening to the whole thing.

"Oh about that, I'm going to have to rain check." I say, and I avoid contact with them, awaiting the reaction I knew would soon be coming.

"What?" Robin and Steve say at the same time. "We just made these plans a few hours ago, how are you already cancelling?" Steve questions, before walking behind the counter to get closer to us.

"We can just hang out when you're done. It's not like you have a curfew." Robin says, clearly disappointed that we were spending my first night back together.

"I don't have a curfew, but, I just came back from being 5 hours ahead, by 8pm I'm going to be exhausted." I reply, reminding her that I've been in a different time zone for half a year.

"Oh right. Forgot." She replies, giving me a small smile

"Also, Something came up, and I cant miss it. but on the other hand, we can hang tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that." I reply, clearing my throat and giving them a smile. They both shake their heads at me, glancing at each other for a moment before turning back to me.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." Robin says, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Robin." I say sternly, giving her that look that means "explain to me right now or you're breaking girl code."

"Whatever you're doing better be good." She replies, giving me a weird look. I rub my eyes with my fingers before replying to her. "God it's nothing like that, seriously stop thinking dirty all of the time."