048

Eddie takes a deep breath and starts to play the guitar, the sound blaring in my ears. This should be loud enough, it has to be. I think any and everything in the upside down will be able to hear it, and I haven't decided if that is a good or a bad thing yet.

This moment feels eerie, and I almost have a feeling of deja vu standing up here. I never thought that I would have to fight any creature from the upside down again, and finding out that Vecna, One.. Henry has been controlling every single one is so upsetting. It's like a never-ending battle. Just when you think it's done, it's not.

Knowing that he hates me for being able to leave the upside down is one of the most confusing things. If it wasn't for me, Chrissy would still be alive. And so would Billy. And Hopper. All because he's mad that I left Hawkins Lab for not having powers.

I can understand him to some extent, he was forced to be there, and I got to leave, but I was a child. I had no idea why I was at Hawkins, and if I never left I would've been dead. He killed all of those children, and I would've been one of them. His reasoning doesn't make any sense, why did he kill those kids if they were in the same predicament as him?

It has to be something else that I don't know about, it just has to be. Maybe once I figure it all out, this will start to make sense. I hope it starts to make sense, but I guess it won't matter, he'll be dead tonight.

I wish I could be the one to get the final punch on him, or shot, or however they kill him. I want to watch him die after he managed to destroy my life so quickly. I want him to realize that I won, that he didn't get to kill me. That his stupid plan didn't work. That he underestimated me. At least I'm helping in some way, even though all I'm doing is running from a swarm of bats

End of passion play, crumbling away
I'm your source of self-destruction
Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear
Leading on your death's construction

I can hear the words to the song, although there aren't any words being sung. He played this song before when we were in the car. I watch how into it he is, and I can tell that his only focus is playing the correct chords. Not that it matters, it's not like the bats are going to judge him for messing up.

Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master, master

He glances up for a second, looking at me momentarily before going back to playing the song. I smile at him once he looks at me, and I take a deep breath, trying to prepare for the bats coming toward us. We also have to prepare for any other creature that comes to the sound. I stand up straighter, holding onto the handmade spear tightly.

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
Master, master
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
Master, master

Needlework the way, never you betray
Life of death becoming clearer
Pain monopoly, ritual misery
Chop your breakfast on a mirror

Dustin looks at me, smiling, and we both nod our heads in approval at Eddie's guitar playing.  Dustin is nodding his head along with the beat, and he's watching Eddie in awe. I can tell he looks up to him, even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Taste me, you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your master
Your life burns faster
Obey your master, master