004

"Okay let's go to Dustin's then." Max says, and I nod, going to grab my keys as she walks to my car. Dustin was one of the only people who could figure out what was going on, especially since Mike was in California.

I start my car, staring at Eddie's place, remembering the events from last night. I think I'm still in shock from everything that happened. I couldn't stop myself from crying as I thought about what happened to Chrissy.

"Do you need me to drive?" Max says, pulling me from my thoughts, and I look over at her. "Absolutely not. I'm fine, let's go." I reply, wiping my face, taking off and heading straight to Dustin's. The ride was silent, I was sure Max had no idea what to say. It was like she was walking on egg shells.

As I'm driving to Dustin's I see someone walking down the road. My eyes widen as I see a jean jacket and curly hair. Eddie.. that has to be Eddie. I quickly pull to the side of the road, cutting off cars and leaving Max screaming beside me.

"What the hell are you doing?" She yells, looking at me like I'm batshit crazy. I park the car, running out and towards him. "Eddie? Eddie!" I yell, and he turns around, but it wasn't Eddie.

"Sorry, I think you have the wrong person." He says, and I apologize, facepalming in embarrassment. Max is still staring at me with wide eyes as I get back into the car. I stay silent, putting the car back into drive and going back on the road.

"Okay, Sam, you haven't slept in over 24 hours. I seriously think you need to just rest before we start all of this." She says, looking between me and the road.

"I don't have time to rest, Max. Whatever the hell happened to Chrissy is probably coming for me or Eddie next, and I have no idea where he is and we have to save him." I assert, staring in front of me to avoid eye contact with her.

"You still haven't told me what happened, maybe if you explain we can try to figure out what happened!"

"I'll tell you and Dustin at the same time, okay?"

We pull into Dustin's driveway, heading to the door and ringing the doorbell. He looks at Max and then looks at me, immediately knowing that something had happened. He walks us into his room, looking between us for an explanation.

"Chrissy Cunningham is the girl that is dead." Max says, and Dustin's face drops upon hearing her words. "Chrissy Cunningham? You sure it was Chrissy?" He asks, beginning to pace around the room. I watched him from sitting on his bed, and Max looks at me for help.

"Yes, she was in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." She says, and I stay silent watching them talk.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" He questions, his pacing still not stopping.

"No, no, because Sam was there last night, and anything we say to them can get her in trouble." She shares, and he pauses, looking over at me.

"You were at Eddie's last night when this happened?" He asks, and I nod, finally looking up and making eye contact with him. The tears were already forming in my eyes before I could get anything out.

I begin to tell them about how I got there and how she was asking Eddie for some drugs. They stayed silent as I continued to tell them everything.

"She was hallucinating or some shit, said she needed something to make it go away. We smoked a little, and then Eddie and I were in his room while he was looking for whatever drug she was asking for." I say, pausing a bit before continuing.

"Eddie walked out back to her and I went to the bathroom. When I came back he was shaking her and trying to get her to wake up. It was like she was in a trance. Her eyes were rolled back, and she wouldn't answer either of us when we tried to snap her out of it. Then the lights flickered and I knew something bad was going to happen. Her body literally lifted into the air, her arms snapped, her legs snapped, her jaw snapped, and her eyes like exploded out of her head." I continue, but I have to pause as my voice cracks while I tell the story. Max comes over, rubbing my back to comfort me.