028

Eddie

"Poor neighbors." I laugh, hitting the wall, and she swats my hand down, laughing at me. I pull her closer to me, and I hold on to her tightly. She lays on my chest, closing her eyes. "Sleepy?"I ask, and she nods, letting out a yawn.

"Do we really have to go in the downside place?" I mumble, and I can feel myself getting tired too. "The upside down?" She giggles, which causes me to laugh. "Whatever it's called." I reply, rubbing her head softly with my hand.

"Yes, we do. We'll get up in the morning, go eat, and then we'll go back there. We don't actually have to go down there, we just need to see if it's a gate. If there's one then we can go back and try to find Vecna." She replies, and I listen to her, not wanting to do any of that shit.

"Is it scary?" I ask as a joke, but she probaby thinks I'm bering serious. "Very." She replies. I nod, and I look over to the homework that I didn't come near finishing. Yes, it's important and I need to graduate so that she can get this job, but I'm not thinking about school now that Vecna is around.

"So... Does this mean I'm forgiven?" I tease her, trying to get her mind off of Vecna. She rolls her eyes at me, shaking her head, and I can see her starting to fall asleep. "Shut up." She replies, closing her eyes, and I start to rub her back softly.

"Sam, I want to tell you something." I start to whisper, and I assume that from her silence she's listening. "Well, um. I don't want this to be weird, but I-"

"Hmm?" She asks, interrupting me, and I decide that there's many other days that we can talk, and now when she's falling asleep.

"Nothing, nothing. Goodnight." I reply, watching her fall asleep. I hold her tightly, leaving kisses on her head. I begin to close my eyes too, but I know I can't go to bed tonight, I have things to do.

"So, when are we doing the delivery?" I ask Miles, handing him the joint. "Whenever. Tonight or tomorrow at the latest." He replies, drinking the beer that he went out and got us.

"Is it going to be like what we did the last time?" I question him, picking up my own beer and drinking it. "No, this part is boring. We drop it off and go home." He answers, and I nod, leaning back against the couch and relaxing.

I sit here for a while, waiting for her to be in a deep enough sleep. Once I decide that she won't wake up from me, I move her to the side, sliding from under her. I don't want her to think I'm leaving her every time we have sex. The timing is just always terrible. I begin to move over and get out of the bed, being careful not to wake her up. I stand up, putting on my jeans from the floor.

Sam has on my shirt again, so I walk over and grab a random shirt from the pile of clothes, throwing it on. I also grab a hoodie to put over my head as I walk. I look over at her, pulling up the blanket she has over her.

I walk over to the dresser, grabbing the key to the door. I quietly slip out, closing the door softly. I throw the hood over my head, and I keep walking until I reach a pay phone. I dial the number that I barely remember, trying to get a hold of him.

"Hello?" I hear Jackie's voice say, and I sigh in relief that someone answered. "Where's Miles?" I ask, and she's silent before she answers again.

"He's here. Where the hell are you?" She questions, and I completely ignore her question.

"Jackie, give him the phone." I reply, and I hear movement before I hear Miles voice coming through the phone.

"Dude, what the hell happened out there? Your fucking face is all over tv." He yells through the phone, and I rub my eyes, looking around to make sure no one is out here.