018

Dustin and Lucas both sprint over, looking at Max with fear in their eyes. This is Lucas' first time seeing her, or anyone, like this, and I can tell he's scared. "It's, it's okay. She's going to wake up like the last time, we just have to snap her out of it!" I say, hoping that I sound more convincing to them than I do to myself.

"Max, you gotta get outta there! Can you hear me?" Steve yells, shaking her as hard as I am.

"Max! Please! Wake up!" Lucas yells, grabbing her face and trying to get her out of the trance. Steve turns to Dustin, yelling at him. "Call Nancy and Robin! Go get em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!"

"Please Max"

"Shit." Dustin says, running away and towards the car. I run with him, trying to get more information on how to save her. I know that shaking her isn't going to wake her up.

"Max, can you hear us? Please get out of there!" I hear Steve yell as we book it to the car. "Shit, shit, shit! Shit, shit, shit!" Dustin mutters as he reaches into the car and grabs the walkie-talkie.

"Nancy? Robin? Do you copy? This is a code red. Do you copy?" He yells, and we wait for an answer, but we hear nothing. "Maybe it's the signal. Get on the car!" I yell at him, and he doesn't hesitate, he jumps up and stands on the car to try to get a better signal.

"Shit. Robin!" He yells, and again we hear nothing. I jump up on the car next to him, grabbing the walkie-talkie from his hands. I press the button to speak, but Dustin yells through it again. "Robin where the hell are you this is a code red! I repeat, a code red!"

"Robin! Nancy! Please, we have to save Max!" I yell, and finally, we hear movement on the other side, and Robin begins to speak.

"Dustin, Sam. It's Robin, we copy." We both sigh in relief, and Dustin begins to talk again. "Holy shit, finally! Please, please, please tell me you guys have it figured out!"

"It's too much to explain, but we think music can save her." She says, and Dustin and I look at each other confused. "Music?" I ask, waiting impatiently for a reply.

"Yes! It's music! Find her favorite song and play it!" She exclaims, and I jump down from the car, opening the door and grabbing Max's walkman from the back. Dustin follows me, grabbing all of the cassettes, and we both run back over to them.

"What is this?" Lucas asks, and we set all of the cassettes on the ground, rummaging through them. "A song! What's her favorite song?" Dustin asks, and I begin to think of her favorite song that's she's always listening to.

"Why? Why?" He asks, and I glare at him momentarily before looking down and trying to find it, but I don't see it.

"It's too much to explain right now! What's her favorite song?!" Dustin yells, and I look up, yelling, "Kate Bush! Find Kate Bush!"

"Which one?" Steve yells, flipping through all of them and trying to find it.

"It's right here, I got it right here!" Lucas yells, holding it up.

"Hurry up!" Dustin yells, and I look between them frantically. Their stress was stressing me out, and I wanted to take it and do it myself.

"Give it to me!" Steve yells, reaching out his hand, and Lucas slaps it into his hand, and Steve begins to put it in the walkman, closing it.

"For the love of God, hurry up!" I yell, putting my hands over my face. "Go, go, go!"

"Okay, headphones!" Steve yells, and I grab the headphones, putting them on her head. I look away from her eyes, it's scary to see her like this, it's identical to Chrissy.

"Now!" Dustin yells, and Steve presses the button, and Running Up That Hill starts playing. I continue shaking her, trying to figure out what the music is going to do for her. Her body starts to rise off of the ground, the same way that Chrissy's did.