053

I groan, opening my eyes and looking at the room. I let my eyes adjust to the light, and I look around confused. Where am I? I look down, seeing the hospital gown and the IV in my arm. No one else is in the room, but I can see my name written on the board.

I can see blood on my arms, and my eyes widen as I try to remember how the hell I ended up in the hospital. Everything in my brain is all mushed with a lot of things, and I honestly can't remember what was a dream or what actually happened last night.

"What happened?" The nurse asks me, holding out her notepad and waiting for me to reply. "I, um, jumped and hit my head on the ground. I think I was out for a couple of minutes." I answer her, and she nods writing it down.

"Do you have any pain that feels internal?" She questions me, but honestly I'm barely listening to her. Tears are falling from my eyes, and I bite my lip, nodding my head. "I have a throbbing pain, and it's getting worse. I probably just need some medication."

"Can you tell me what you did after you hit your head?" She asks, and I try my best not to roll eye eyes. I know it's her job, but I just want to go out there and wait for my sister, she can just shoot me up with some pain meds and call it a day. "Uh- I don't really remember it all. I just came here for my sister." I reply, and she sighs, setting the notepad down.

"Can you stand up for me and walk in a straight line?" She asks, and I stand up, walking in a straight line. She writes a few more things down on her notepad before I sit back down. "Okay, we're going to have to do some more testing. Can you put on this gown for me?" She says, handing me the gown and walking out of the room.

I take my clothes off, putting the gown on and sitting on the bed. I guess this might make time go faster so I won't think about everything, but that's nearly impossible. I'm worried about my sister. They better come get me as soon as they figure out anything.

Okay, I remember that, but I don't remember anything else after that. Did they come get me after Max got out of surgery? Did I even go to the testing? Why can't I fucking remember what happened that night?

I close my eyes, trying to remember, but nothing is coming to my mind. This frustrates me, and I try to stop the tears from falling down my face, but I'm just extremely overwhelmed about everything. So much happened so quickly, and not being able to remember what happened is driving me insane.

I stand up, and I look around the room for anything that can help me remember, but nothing does. I look down at the IV that's restricting me from moving. I grab it, tugging it out of my arm, and I hold on to it as I make my way to the door. Machines in my room immediately start beeping, but I swing open the door anyway, looking around.

I look down, realizing I'm wearing nothing but the gown, no shoes or shocks on my feet. I look at desk on the floor, and I run over to it. The lady looks at me weirdly, but I ignore her looks. "Maxine Mayfield. What room is she in?" I ask, and she looks like she's about to call security on me. "Please, she's my sister and she had surgery. I just want to check on her." I continue, and she sighs, looking around before looking in her book.

"She's in room 401." She whispers, and I nod, walking fast and trying to make myself not look too out of place. I look at the room numbers, seeing that she's two floors above me. I go over to the stairs, opening the door and quickly climbing the stairs.

I get to the fourth floor, and I swing open the door, looking around and trying to find the room number. It's like when I'm looking for something it's the hardest to find. I finally find the room, and I open the door, looking inside to see Lucas sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Sam?" He says, and I look at Max in the hospital bed. Her arms and legs her casts on them, her eyes closed shut, a brace on her neck. My eyes water at the sight at her, and I immediately break down into sobs. Everything that Lucas told me about her comes rushing back, Jackie smashed her headphones which allowed Vecna to get to her.