008

Steve picks up the phone, dialing Nancy, and I start my pacing again. If this is Fred, and he has the same injuries as Chrissy, then that means Vecna got him as well. Even if it was somebody else, that means that Vecna has attacked another person.

He continues to ring, but gets no answer, and I take a deep breath. It was already killing me to know who had died, and I was scared it was another person that I just saw less than 24 hours ago.

If it was him, then there's a pattern that I'm trying to pick up on. So far: high schoolers, they both were in the trailer park, and they both talked to me before they died. I'm sure these reasons could have no connections at all, but I refuse to rule anything out.

I look over at Robin who was looking just as stressed as I was. Good, I'm not the only one completely freaking out right now.

"Sam. Stop pacing." Max says, and I stop my walking around and I plop down on one of the beds. "I feel like my head is going to fucking explode!" I exclaim, and she purses her lips together, rubbing my leg softly.

"We don't even know if it's Fred yet, okay? And if it is then we will figure out what to do from there." Max exhales, and Robin stands up, coming over towards us.

"Okay, so we're splitting up. We're going to go home, see who this person is, and you and Eddie are in charge of finding anything about Vecna." She says, and I nod, not wanting to move out of my position on the bed.

"Come on, get out there before it gets dark." She continues, and everyone nods in agreement, making their way towards the door. "I'll drop Max off for you."

"Thank you." I say, watching all of them pile out of the door, and I close it behind them, turning to Eddie and he's sitting there, eating the food that Steve brought for us.

"Ahh finally. Peace and quiet." He says, laying back on the bed, and I sit on the edge of the bed, looking at him. I decide to lay back on the other pillow, staring at the ceiling.

He touched my arm, and I nearly jump. I turn to look at him confused. He holds up the sandwich, and I assume he's asking me if I want some.

"No, I'm fine." I say as we lay there. It wasn't awkward, it was more of a "we're both exhausted and could care less who was laying next to us" silence. He nods, but he doesn't stop looking at me.

"A 30 minute minute nap won't hurt, right?" He asks, and I attempt to look everywhere but his eyes. They were easy to get lost in, and I didn't want to be stumbling on my words over him. "No, I was thinking the same thing."

"Good." He says, his eyes closing, but his hand never leaving my arm. Obviously it was an accident, but it still felt nice. "You're a really good friend, Mayfield." He adds on.

What? Okay I clearly misread this situation.

"I actually think we should also get going. Come on, let's get ready." I say, standing up off of the bed, and he looks at me confused. I did agree to a nap, but now I was ready to just get out of this room. I thank Max in my head for packing jackets for us. I put on the jacket, putting the hood over my head, and Eddie looks at me like I'm crazy.

"What? You're about to do the same thing." I smile sarcastically, handing him one of Billies jackets, and he starts to shake his head no. I grab a pair of sunglasses that somebody left here, and I hand them to him.