027

"I'm going to kill Max." I mutter, snatching the note from his hand and crumbling it. He laughs, and I roll my eyes at him, parking the car and grabbing the keys to the motel. "Why are you embarrassed? Because you had sex with the freak Eddie Munson?" He yells as he gets out of the car, and it echos across the parking lot. I stop in my tracks, glaring at him.

"Edward. In case you forgot, everyone in town is looking for you." I whisper to him, and he laughs, covering his mouth. "Sorry, forgot." He jokes, and I roll my eyes as we walk to the room, and I quickly shut the door, locking it.

"Let's not do anything else crazy tonight, okay?" I say to him, and he walks over to me, kissing me before I could continue on my rant. I kiss him back softly, and he hugs me as we kiss. "Missed you." He whispers, not letting go of me.

"I missed you more." I reply, hugging him tighter. I want him to be closer to me, if that makes sense. He's right here, but he's still so far away. "Do you want to talk about what happened?" I ask him, and he shakes his head no.

"I smell like the lake." He blurts out, and I laugh at how quickly he ruined the moment. "I'm gonna shower. You coming?" He asks, and I clear my throat, looking at him. "What?" I ask, my cheeks heating up.

"Whoaaaa Mayfield, I'm kidding. I don't want you to see lake dirt sliding off of my balls." He jokes, and I cover my face, laughing at him. "What is wrong with you?" I ask, shaking my head and not being able to stop laughing at him.

He walks away, going into the bathroom, and I sit on the bed patiently waiting for him. I look around the room, completely bored without him. "Hurry up!" I yell, and I hear him drop something in the shower. "I'm trying!" He yells, and I can't help the smile from spreading across my face.

He eventually comes out, unfortunately fully dressed. "I'm bored." He complains, hanging upside down off of the bed. An idea pops up in my head as I hear him say the words. I walk over to the desk, digging through one of my bags.

"I have an idea. You can do your assignments. You have to do them eventually." I say to him, pulling out the folder and setting the papers on the table. I sit in the chair next to him, and he walks over there, sitting on one side and me on the end of the table. "When I said I was bored this is not what I meant."

"Just do a couple, please?" I ask him, and he sighs, picking up a nearby pencil and looking at the assignment. "Okay, you're right, I do have to get these done."

He stares at the paper, not writing anything, but he continues to look around at the problems. "Here, let me show you." I say, grabbing the pencil from him, and I begin to do the math problem as he watches. I hand the pencil back to him once I finish, and he nods, beginning to start the problem.

He's unfocused, and I can tell he really isn't in the mood. "Okay, we don't have to do this." I say, starting to stand up, but he grabs my waist, pulling me back down into the chair. "No- I want to do it." He replies to me, and I nod.

He continues to work on the same problem for the next 15 minutes, barely writing anything on the paper. I know he knows how to do it, he's just choosing not to. "Eddie, you said you wanted to do this work, so come on." I say to him, and he groans, looking back down at the assignment. "Okay, okay, but what if we made it a game? Each assignment I finish, that's one piece of clothing you take off."

"Deal." I say, and he starts to breeze through the assignment. I shake my head at him, watching him go through the problems easily.

The bastard tricked me.

"But- no touching or doing anything until you're completely done." I continue, and the smirk on his face falters, and he begins to rush through the assignments faster. I glance down at the paper, trying to make sure he's doing everything correctly, and he is. I don't know why he's redone this year so many times, he knows what he's doing.