029

I hear movement, and I feel Eddie moving me off of him. I keep my eyes closed, assuming he's going to the bathroom, but I don't hear the door open. I open my eyes slightly to see him putting on his clothes. My face scrunches up in confusion as I watch him, but I try to make it look like I'm still asleep.

He glances my way, and I keep my eyes low, watching him grab the keys off of the dresser and walk outside. What the hell is he doing? I stand up as soon as the door closes, throwing on my jeans and looking out of the window.

He's walking, and I sigh, taking a second to think. It's very possible that he is just going out to smoke, but that's way too risky. I know he's probably just trying not to wake me up by smoking, and while the thought of it is cute, someone seeing him and telling the police is too big of a risk.

I place my car keys in my pocket, opening the door to tell him to come back in. As I'm about to yell his name I see him go over to the payphone. I walk behind him slowly, keeping my distance, and I watch him dial a number.

Okay, I seriously shouldn't listen to this. He deserves his privacy, and there's no reason for me to listen. "Where's Miles?" I hear him ask.

I'm already listening, so I should just keep listening.

"Jackie, give him the phone." He says, and I frown upon hearing her name. Did he forget that she fucking left him to fight off Jason? I can hear the urgency in his voice, and he's constantly looking around, so I make sure to hide behind a parked car. Maybe he just needs a boy talk with Miles. No, nope. He could've called from inside the room.

"A lot. Can you meet me? I'm ready to finish the job." He replies again, and I'm listening, confused. What job? What the hell is he talking about? I wish I could hear what they were saying on the other line. I know he's not stupid enough to leave this motel right now.

"The motel off of 6th." He whispers, and he hangs up the phone, looking around again. He walks over to the side of the building, sitting down. He begins to look around in his pockets for something, but he just ends up sitting there. I sit here, watching him as he jumps at every little sound.

Maybe "the job" is code for something, maybe drugs. Yeah, Miles is probably bringing him something, but it still doesn't make sense that he came all the way out here to talk to him. I debate going back into the motel and waiting for him to come back in. I could definitely scare the shit out of him by sitting on the bed wide awake when he walks in, but no, I have to see this.

Eventually, I see Miles pull into the parking lot, and I move over just in case he can see me. Eddie stands up, walking over to the car and getting in. Are you serious? Is it really that important for them to hang out right now. All Miles had to do was ask to come to the motel and he could've came.

They sit in the car for a moment, and I can't really see them, but they must be talking. I see Eddie roll his window down, and he reaches his hand out of the window and ashes a joint. Really? They did this to smoke a joint? I roll my eyes, turning around and walking back to the room.

I know he's going to be fine, but when he walks into the room I'm going to give him a lovely lecture on how dumb he is. Well, maybe not that, I'm not going to be mean. I just need to drill it into his head somehow. If Hopper was here I would have him pretend to catch Eddie just so that Eddie can feel the fear of getting caught.

I'm starting to think he's not scared of anything.

I reach the door again, but I stop when I hear Miles' car leaving the parking lot. My eyes widen, and I turn around watching the car turn onto the street. What the hell? I can not believe him right now, we just talked about this. I turn around, running to my car.