The Deal *Alternate Ending*

*2 months Later*

"The "Hellfire Murders' still leaves the town in shock months later. 3 people were brutally murdered, and one left brain dead after the deadly attacks that occurred 2 months ago. All of them were killed in the exact same why, and it's leaving people wondering what really is happening behind the scenes at this high school?

Many are still wondering what really happened, and tonight we have all of the news. Tune in at tomorrow at 12 pm to know just exactly how, and if Jackie Lipton, and her brother Miles Lipton, murdered 4 teens, and set up high schooler, Edward Munson. Tomorrow will be the hearing where will we find the verdict of-"

"Alright, let's not stress about that right now." I say, reaching over and turning off the radio. The last thing that we need right now is to hear the whole world talking about the ongoing trial. It's all we've been hearing for the past 2 months since Lucas and I started the investigation on Jackie.

It's been a long process, multiple meetings a day with lawyers, no sleep because of the fear of the verdict. They have to find Jackie guilty, I mean it doesn't make sense after all of the evidence that we gave them. Sometimes I feel guilty for setting her up, but after what she did to my sister, she deserves it.

It's been hard without Max, but I wasn't expecting it to be easy. I still visit her every single day, and I can't imagine how I'm ever going to fully let her go. My therapist says that I need to stop visiting her so much, but I don't see the harm in going to see my sister. Maybe there will be a miracle, just maybe.

"Oh, I'm not worried about it. I'm too busy planning the vacation that we're going to go on when we win the money in the case." Eddie says as he puts his joint out on my dresser. He pulls me down to lay on top of him on the bed. I plant a small kiss on his lips, and I rest my head on his chest.

I still worry about him, even though I know he's okay. I still have dreams about him dying, dreams that this didn't work out in our favor. It was hard to see him really hurt, to see him in the hospital after all of the surgeries that he had to get after the attack from the bats.

He kept a smile on his face throughout the entire thing because for the first time, he was a hero. He saved me, saved me even when I begged him to not help me. I don't know how he survived, and I don't know how we got him back home from the Upside Down, but we did it.

"We are not spending that money on a Vacation. We are using that for a house, remember?" I remind him, and he groans, lifting his hand up to rub my back. "We could use a vacation." He argues, and I smile to myself. He's been talking about a vacation for the longest, and I don't know why he has the idea engraved into his head.

"Babe, we're going to have a lifelong vacation when we move. No more worrying about the things here, no more sneaking out of my room at 6 a.m. so that Hop won't catch us, and no more having to be quiet..." I trail off, lifting up my head and looking at him.

He looks down at me, the smirk evident on his face. He begins to slide his hand further down my back, and he pulls me closer to him, kissing me. He sits up, lifting the both of us up, leaving me sitting in his lap. I wrap my legs around his back, letting his tongue slip into my mouth.

I run my hand down his chest, letting my fingertips rest on the bottom of his shirt. It's rare that we get time to be alone. With six of us in the house, it's nearly impossible to ever have time to be alone. My room is all the way on the other side of the house, so I have a bit of leeway sometimes.

It's extremely rare, even after my multiple talks with Hopper. Apparently, me almost being twenty years old is not enough for him, and "under his roof" I am required to follow the same rules that El does.