056

*2 months Later*

"The "Hellfire Murders' still leaves the town in shock months later. 3 people were brutally murdered, and one left brain dead after the deadly attacks that occurred 2 months ago. All of them were killed in the exact same why, and it's leaving people wondering what really is happening behind the scenes at this high school.

Many are still wondering what really happened, and tonight we have all of the news. Tune in at tomorrow at 12 pm to know just exactly how, and if Jackie Lipton, and her brother Miles Lipton, murdered 4 teens, and set up high schooler, Edward Munson. Tomorrow will be the hearing where will we find the verdict of-

"That was clearly the wrong station to go to." I say to Jonathan as he fumbles with the radio to turn it off, trying to get rid of the awkwardness that is now in the room from me hearing Eddie's name. It's almost like a swear word in the house, no one brings up Eddie or anything about him.

Every once in a while, El or Will will accidentally say it, and they immediately apologize. I keep telling everyone that they can say his name, and that I'm not going to burst into tears every time I see him.

As much as I want to, I know that he's watching over me and I know that he wants me to try to be happy, so that's what I've been trying to do for the last two months. I've done my best with avoiding it, well just until today.

Today is graduation, as the school has asked me to give a speech. Of course they want me to do something academic, about how I'm still successful after graduating. Everyone is also graduating, so I need to be there. I've been practicing over and over about what to say, but I am still extremely nervous about it.

I feel like I might say the wrong thing, or that people will think I sound stupid. Plus, I don't know how I'm going to react when they skip his name during graduation. At the least, he deserved this, and I wish he could've gotten the opportunity.

I twist the ring on my finger, trying not to be too nervous about it. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like it brings me closer to him. He helps to calm me down when I'm nervous. "So, uh, ready for your speech?" Jonathan asks, and I look at him, smiling.

"Yes, I think I'm ready. I've been practicing a lot. You probably heard me." I say, and Will nods his head furiously, laughing. "I am Samantha Mayfield, valedictorian, scholar, prom queen." He jokes, raising his voice, and I lightly shove him, laughing.

He probably did hear me. I think the last 5 days I've been practicing it over and over to El. I know she's going to say that it sounds perfect every single time I say it, so maybe that's why I'm letting her listen to me while I practice. Jonathan simply wouldn't care, and Will would probably laugh every time I mess up.

Lately he's been in the age where they find everything funny. I always hear him, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas laughing about stupid shit in the middle of the night. It doesn't bother me much though, I love the fact that they have found a way to have some joy after everything.

I try to talk to Dustin a lot, but I know he is trying to completely get it out of his mind. I know I remind him of Eddie, and I can't be mad because he reminds me of Eddie. It's hard to see him around the house, but that's just me being selfish.

"I sound nothing like that, by the way." I reply, as Joyce, Hopper, and El come into kitchen. I wish El could go, but she can't be out in public yet, so Hopper has to stay here with her. "You guys look great." She says, and we thank her.

Hopper has really turned this place around in the last 2 months. It looks amazing. He has found something new to build every day. He built me my own room, sharpened the place up. It looks really homey, and it should be a tight fit for 6 of us, but it works perfectly.