Ascension

He watched the view as he continued to ascend on the lift. It was beautiful, the sunlight draped over the field he had explored earlier. Now that he had a bird's eye view, Izuku could see all of the places he had missed. An acorn door to the far side of the lakeshore, a cave on the opposite side, near the lake with the islands, ruins all over that he just couldn't reach... and an old military encampment on a cliffside overlooking the field. I have to come back. There is so much history here!

However, as the ancient mechanism continued to climb, he found it straining to keep going up, slowing down and barely making it past the 2/3rd mark of his journey. It shuddered, unable to continue further. Groaning, the metal started to bend and shriek. I don't like the sound of that. His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden jolt, the platform shaking violently for a moment, dropping down a short distance. Before he could sigh in relief that it didn't fall any further, it did. Feeling weightless, his suit still dragged him down until it stopped again, now at the halfway point up the elevator shaft, Izuku yelling in fear as it fell, Please, don't be the way I die... before landing back on the ground. His mind was in overdrive, adrenaline blocking out rational thinking as he wondered, What...?

Looking around, he snapped in the direction of a metallic groan, watching as one of the walls fell over, letting him out onto solid ground. Acting on the only method of escape, he quickly scrambled away, just grateful to not be on that elevator anymore. He muttered, a method of calming himself down, "Whew... that was scary..." Scanning the evironment, he noted that there was only one way to go, and so he followed the path. It lead up and over the elevator's generators. There was a wooden ramp, still sturdy after all these years, and over the chain link fence covering the top of the mechanisms. They sagged slightly underneath the weight of the LEAF suit, but they still held, regardless. Jumping off of it and down to the ground, Izuku looked ahead, and only saw the path hug the cliff wall. Continuing onward, Izuku heard a familiar buzzing. At this point, he knew what it indicated, and then saw it. The ground angled up in a slope before sharply falling off, allowing him to launch over a sheer cliff, which Izuku knew he would not survive. Several platforms separated Izuku from the rest of the trail. But that wasn't what the buzzing indicated.

He was shaken from his fear by the pain of a group of amrita mosquitos attacking him. Shaking them off, Izuku aimed the god-hand at the swarm and fired twice in quick succession before having to move out of the way. It also moved, avoiding the second shot. Why do you avoid getting the energy you want?! Aiming to where they would go, the greenette fired, hitting the swarm again. Buzzing angrily, there were three more groups fired out from the larger mass. They zipped to him, and he was barely able to avoid the hits. He leapt over one more hit before firing one last shot, which hit and satiated the swarm. Looking over the slope at where he needed to go, he went back a bit, then ran, gaining speed until the top, when he leapt, aiming for the first platform. As soon as he landed, Izuku leapt again, using his momentum in order to make the next leap. He did this one more time, nearly slipping for a moment, using his weight and clawed feet of the suit to keep steady, before making it to the path again. However, he wasn't allowed to rest then either, as another amrita swarm greeted him on the other side. Taking his time, he used his suit to properly take down this swarm. Being ready for enemies is a necessity when exploring this place, and he was only now fully understanding this rule. When they were pacified, he took a moment to rest and explore. There was a campsite in front of him. Army tents were worn, torn and faded, and the only flag was too damaged to make out what was on it. I assume there was a pathfinder division here... they're the only ones that can traverse this path!

There were two crates ahead of him, and so he approached, and opened them up. A few acorns, making the total up to 12, and another medallion. Nice! These could help in the future if there are more acorn doors... and I can bring some back for study...

Izuku then turned to the path again, ready to move on, however... there was a massive stone door up the path that would block his progress, when he got up the ruin platforms. This wasn't an acorn door, but one with a Wendigo skull carved into it. Just like the one at Wendigo Lake... At least I think that's what it was called by the explorers. But that means... it needs trees to be brought to life to activate. Looking around, there was one behind the abandoned campsite.

He then saw that there was another by the platform, and so the greenette ran and leapt up to the platform. This suit is a great mode of transportation! I want to keep this when I leave...

Using the god-hand, he fired amrita at both of the trees he saw, giving them life and making the fireflies flutter to the port above the doors. The amrita they released to light up the area alerted Izuku that he had succeeded in powered the door, opening it just like the one at the lake ruins the day before. Stepping through, Izuku followed the stairs to the top of the hill.... To be met with a gorgeous sight. Daemons floated between the trees, and the ground naturally sloped to make a ramp, which would allow Izuku to leap to the other side. Taking in a few breaths to watch the daemons play, he steeled himself for the run ahead. Breathing deeply, Izuku started down the hill, building momentum with gravity before running up the upward slope... and leaping high into the air.

Time seemed to slow as he flew through the air. A cloud was just within reach, and he ran his fingers through the collection of water vapor. It was cool, and wet. Laughing, he remembered that a week ago, he would've never been able to do this. His mind was in awe as he realized everything that had just happened in the span of the past 24 hours. I can't believe I can do this... I just ran my hand through a cloud! This suit is amazing...!

Looking forward, there was a building with a mostly intact roof, but no entrance. The ceiling seemed to be weakened greatly, the concrete cracked and showing rebar. A ledge above it would allow him to build enough momentum with gravity to break through it. I don't like breaking old structures like this... but there's no door... Making his way over the roof, and running over the concrete structure, he found a steep slope to the ledge he saw before. Looking down, he breathed in before jumping down. The pistons hissed as he broke the wall and hit the ground. Gears and mechanisms strained to catch him in a way that alleviated any reaction from the fall. This must be what Mirkou feels like when crushing a villain beneath her feet. Powerful.

Standing back to full height, he saw a notice board. Walking over, Izuku scrutinized the faded paper, preserved through the roof's (or the one that he destroyed) protection. Something about figures stalking from a distance? That reminds me of that note in Susurrus Valley. Perhaps it wasn't quite the ramblings of a madman, like I thought... this will have to be investigated. His next action was to see where he could go next. A single pipe was the only option, so he walked to it, and entered it carefully. Because of his small size, Izuku was able to walk standing straight up in it. It led to an area which had some rust-covered scaffolding, and sloping gently into a room with a big pool of water rushing over the edge and down the cliffside, towards Susurrus Valley. Lots of drops and verticality... but is that... That's a big crate! Perhaps something very useful down there!