Guilt and Consequences

Neito Monoma was the spy for the League of Villains. When they asked for his current position as he was at the training camp, he gave it without question. All of this was to create a better world, one envisioned by the Master. One where those, regardless of quirk, could be safe... but this? This was madness. The forest was lit aflame, another was gassing students, and kidnappings were taking place. They had a targets, but he didn't know who.

What he was really concerned about was Kota. He'd met the boy the day before, and his hatred for heroes was apparent, but his reasons for such were very familiar to Neito. He had been abandoned by those who were supposed to be his parents too, and his life was far from easy. When he "developed" his quirk and gone to UA, that all changed, but the hypocrisy stained his view on people. Until he met Kota. At first, the blond had believed that he was the reason why his actions were necessary... now though, not so much. He was the result of those actions like his and the Master's had on others. He had to admit, he'd grown fond of him, as he was very smart for his age, and didn't discriminate based on a person's quirk. However, now he was in danger, so he went looking, despite Aizawa's orders to the contrary.

Running through the cave, he found Kota at his hiding spot, being confronted by a villain Neito did not know. A newer recruit?

"Brats like you know how to pass the blame. It's no good. I really don't hold a grudge against 'em for taking my eye. I just killed 'em."
Oh no... he's referring to his parents...

Kota couldn't help but tremble before the serial killer before him. The man continued, "Just like I wanted to. And they tried to stop me. We all did our best and had to deal with the results. What's bad is when you can't put your money where your mouth is... like your dear mommy and daddy!" He raised his fist and was about to punch when Neito called to him, "STOP!"

He looked over, the villain's eyes narrowing to attempt to focus into the shadow Neito was hiding in. When Neito walked out, the man responded, "Huh? Ah, one of those hero brats, eh?" He took a good look at him. "Why do you care about this runt? 'Aint you on our side?"

Kota's eyes widened in fear and disbelief.

Monoma spoke clearly, "He's not a part of the objective. Just leave him alone."

The man laughed, "But where's the fun in that? It's not like you could stop me!" He readied his fist yet again as he prepared to hit the kid. 

His body moving before he could think, Neito ran and grabbed Kota, running him out of the way, just as it landed, creating a crater in the ground

He set Kota down, "Get out of here!"

His face was covered in fear, and he was about to leave when the villain growled. "You stole my kill... or tried to." He moved faster than the blond could react, and punched Kota. His body flung into the cliff wall. Cracks could be heard as many, many bones were broken by the impact and his body was embedded into the mountain stone.

"KOTA!" The boy was unresponsive, and when Nieto ran over to him, he found that his eyes were glassy. He was already dead.

"There. Now we're even. I'd normally kill you, but you're too important."

He stayed there and wept. My actions caused this kid to die. I'm a monster.