Smoke Lake

When he landed, Izuku immediately found himself in a hidden grotto, with Sussurian ruins surrounding him. Virginia's voice filled the void as his mind wandered over every detail, every structure. "Virginia King, May 19th, 1943. The Sussurians, like other Indigenous peoples, seem to hold strong cultural value in legendary creatures; the most notable one being the one depicted on the doorways. It resembles the mythical 'Wendigo', a fierce creature with an insatiable desire to consume flesh." Looks like I'm not the only one who made that connection.

"The creature is most often linked with greed and famine, acting as a balance of nature

"The creature is most often linked with greed and famine, acting as a balance of nature. Why would this creature hold such significance to them?"

I'll be sure to try to answer your question, Virginia.

Seeing a firefly tree, Izuku immediately resuscitated it. Watching as they went to the door above him, he noticed there was a second slot, which meant another tree. Seeing the stairs to get up there, he went up, and found the other tree hidden on top of the door. It opened, revealing another, which opened a door out of the grotto. Jumping down, Izuku found that the ground gently sloped down, until rising slightly before a stream of water. Light filtered through, indicating the surface. There was a swarm, but he could outpace that easily.

Starting his run, he felt the pushrod pistons accelerate him faster and faster until he got to the ramp. His inertia kept him going. He closed his eyes as it pushed him through the water easily, and when he opened his eyes, Izuku found that he was flying through the treetops. It was exhilarating... until he noticed the green wendigo close to where he would land. Aiming the god-hand, he fired three shots in quick succession, one after another. When he landed, it was overloading, purified. Calming down, he was then able to realize that he'd arrived at the fabled pyramid.

 Calming down, he was then able to realize that he'd arrived at the fabled pyramid

It was a mesoamerican step pyramid. Far older than the Mayans, or Aztecs, it was marvelously kept intact. Virginia elaborated: "The pyramid built by the Sussurians served as a ceremonial structure exalting the colossi. Alongside with the Titan Tree and daemons, they intertwine to form a mythology. From what I gathered, the colossi were once humans who feasted upon the forbidden fruit, corrupting them into giant monstrosities, cannibalizing their fellow man and devouring all life in the valley. Is this a tale of caution? Are the Sussurians warning us against the power of the Lifeseed?"