The Monster of Astra

The alarms were already blaring when he landed. Probably have been ever since the link to Soma was disrupted. However, he had to act now. Running forward, there was an open door at the end of the hall. It was clearly used for a variety of purposes, but now was not the time.

As soon as he entered the half open door, he could tell that this place was starting to tear itself apart

As soon as he entered the half open door, he could tell that this place was starting to tear itself apart. The floor ahead of him was flooded, which was no longer a problem with his newest upgrade. Running straight ahead, he bolted across the water, and into a large pipe, and down into the facility proper.

The room he fell into had a single generator and a door. Easy as. So he opened the door, and the announcer lady spoke an ironic greeting: "Welcome to the Astra facility. In case of meltdown, an emergency cooling mechanism will initiate. Please vacate the premises during the emergency flooding protocol."

Emergency flooding? That would ruin the electronics and documents here... However, he remembered Indiana Jones and his perspective on documents and artifacts that endangered lives: ...but those don't need to be preserved.

He kept running, the alarms buzzing louder, the announcer piping up again: "Warning, Environmental Extraction Occuring! Please shut down Astra Immediately." That's why I'm here!

Avoiding the two swarms in the next room, he bolted through around the corner only to almost fall off an edge. Looking up, a deadeye was waiting for him. Perfect!

He grappled, and rose up, launching himself at the other wall, covered in magnetic panels. All upgrades are coming in handy here.

Izuku used the tiles to walk to a platform, sending himself back to normal gravity. The new platform he was on only went one direction, and so he rushed to follow. As he leapt over the room he just crossed, he found himself flung forward as an invisible shape dragged him to the other side. He crashed to the floor, looking up to see a wendigo looming over him. Scrambling to his feet, he fired two shots to distract it as he continued ahead, down a collapsed elevator shaft, deep below ground. This is going AWAY from where I need to go... Continuing on the only path forward, he was surprised to see daemons all the way down here, minding their own business. What are they doing here? No matter, I have to move forward...

Following the cave he was now in, it kept taking him deeper... and deeper. C'mon, where's a way UP?!

He was forced to pass some underground Sussurian ruins as he frantically searched for his objective. This is amazing... but I really have to keep going!

He ran, following the path, running on the now slowly rising tide of water until it was about to give way. He leapt up, and locked onto the deadeye in front of him, launching him at another set of magnetized panels. This could lead up! He ran up, seeing another deadeye which brought him to the next platform. However, the door was locked, with only the vent open. Only way to go...

The vent, like most before it, brought him further down, into the bowels of the facility. Determined, however, he moved forward. There may have been nothing but the one way, but he had nothing but hope and desperation to sustain him. I will not fail this world because of my mistake! I have to stop Astra! I have to get home! I have to tell the story of this place!

However, the only path led down, once more, into a massive cavern. With no choice, he fell down, into the dark.

When he landed, he didn't get the distinct THUNK of rock. No, he got a cruch. As his eyes adjusted to the glowing blue mushrooms and dim red glow of amrita influenced flowers... he saw that the floor was covered in human bones.

WHAT THE...

Looking around, Izuku found lots of clusters of orbs, and human bones near them

Looking around, Izuku found lots of clusters of orbs, and human bones near them. What is going on?! Is this where the workers and guards went?! How... It was then that a roar far worse than any wendigo so far sounded, rocking the very walls and making a few staligtites fall from the volume alone. He covered his ears and closed his eyes, trying to drown it out. This would give Present Mic a run for his money... Opening his right eye, it was then that he peered it.

It was larger than any he'd ever seen. Its flowing cloak was ragged, grey and black, with an ominous red glowing from within. Its antlers were far larger and more pronounced, and its eyes were pure malice.

It was the Alpha wendigo.

It launched barrage after barrage of energy projectiles at him, and Izuku had to run, to avoid them

It launched barrage after barrage of energy projectiles at him, and Izuku had to run, to avoid them. Firing his god-hand, it was resistant to the energy as well. After taking a few hits, it flew to the top. He continued to fire, but realized it was pointless when they seemed to hit an invisible shield. It can make itself immune... at the cost of offensive power.

However, it didn't stay that way for long, slamming itself into the ground, creating shockwaves of raw power. It then continued the assault, flying towards him at the same time. After taking more hits, it kept doing the same thing, flying up and slamming the ground, more times than the last. On the third slam, it sent rings of cascading energy out in randomized ways. One of them hit Izuku, and drained half of his total energy.

Shit, another one of those and I'm dead!

He kept firing when he could, avoiding the rings of energy. It lunged at him, clawing and creating a deep wound, almost gouging out his right eye in the process. Finally, it flew up, and light poked out from its robes. I did it. I purified it! But it wasn't done. More rings of energy flew out as it struggled against its own death...

 More rings of energy flew out as it struggled against its own death

But then it was gone. The roof shook and a deadeye target fell down, within reach. That was too close... time to keep moving.