A Happily Ever After

Three Years Later:

Toshinori thought over the ginger haired boy he met so long ago, or at least it seemed it was a long time ago. Izuku Midoriya, one of the greatest men, no greatest heroes he'd ever met, had faith in him, and the redhead had the spirit to be a hero, but his life was absolutely terrible. Worse than Izuku's predictions. I failed Izuku, I will not fail Noroi... I don't like his name, though. I'll ask him about it later. 

But that wasn't the important part. As soon as he returned the kid to his parents, they didn't even get two steps away before they could hear his screams. Breaking down the door, they found the adoptive father in the middle of beating him. The heroes arrested him, and the mother, as she was unapologetic in her neglect. It was awful. Having no-one, he couldn't help but want to help. And so he did.

With AFO, the greatest villain of all time defeated, Toshinori officially retired, playing the 5 year old wound as if it were from the recent battle. He was too worn to continue with hero work, letting Endeavor take the crown he so desperately wanted. Toshinori now had the time to focus on raising the successor for his quirk, Noroi. He didn't like that he chose to keep that name, after all, it is an insult. A father's hatred. He had named his own son a curse, something no child should endure. But, as Izuku's message was directed to Noroi, he kept it. The former number 1 supposed it was due to the name he'd been given by everyone around him. Deku and Noroi. Useless and Curse.

However, life was much better for the small ginger now. He'd trained diligently, and never wavered from the pure heart that he exposed to them all at that bookshop. And so, Toshinori adopted him formally, as Noroi Yagi, giving him the childhood he deserved. He helped prepare him for heroism, and after 3 years, it was time. They walked in the rebuilt Kamino square, passing underneath the statue of the hero who stopped AFO: Izuku in his LEAF suit. Izuku didn't want a statue dedicated to him. But, when it was erected, all he had to say was: "That looks like the one at Soma." 

The blond man had no idea what he meant by that, but it was a favorable comparison, so he assumed it was a good thing.

However, the park was empty today.

Allmight stopped underneath it, looking up at the statue. They had captured Izuku's likeness well. "Noroi... I have something serious to ask of you."

The boy, ever eager to be with his new father, asked, "What is it?"

Toshinori smiled, looking back at his boy, meeting his eyes with his own. "It's an offer that could drastically change your hero career. Truth is, I haven't been just building strength, endurance, and your flexibility to be just any hero. I've been looking for a successor to my quirk."

That made the boy pause. And then, he started to speak, just as in awe as the day Allmight saved him. "A successor? Wait, but quirks can't be transferred!"

He ran his hand against the base of the statue, looking up at the monument. "This is history, but you remember what happened here, in this very square? How All For One, the villain, was defeated by Izuku Midoriya?"
"How could I forget him?! He was the first to believe in me!" He was starry eyed. As far as Toshinori was concerned, Izuku was his number one, and he couldn't come close. But that was alright.

The blond smiled, starting his story. "Well, that villain had a brother, long ago, who desired justice, but couldn't get it. He was quirkless, and so his brother forced a strength stockpiling quirk onto him. But, everyone was wrong about him. He actually had a secret quirk with no power, the ability to transfer the quirk onward, but it had no effect. It then combined with the stockpile quirk to create my very own quirk, One For All!"

Putting the pieces together, Noroi exclaimed, in shock, "And... you think I should have it?!"

Puffing his chest in pride, Toshinori delivered the words that he knew should have been given to another. It was hard to not view his boy as Izuku, but Noroi was different. And he was his son. "I know you've earnt it. Your heart, that of a hero, never changed. Not even after getting me as a father. And so, through these three years, I believe you are ready for it. Will you accept?" He plucked a hair, which confused the ginger.