The Sports Festival

The week after his encounter with Shinsou, Izuku stood inside the announcer box as Present Mic and Aizawa sat, ready to speak to the crowd. The Sports festival was about to begin. "I'm not sure why I'm here..."
Mic spoke up: "Well, Midoriya, it's either be up here, or with Midnight!"

He immediately retracted his statement. "Yeah, I'll stay here."

Present Mic continued to be loud as he complimented the boy, "Besides, your analysis is far better than anything I could do!"

Izuku rolled his eyes. "Just keep me out of the spotlight. You know my position on this."

The blond agreed, "Will do!"

The first part of the Sports Festival was the obstacle course. This was to weed out those who didn't have the physical aptitude to continue... ie, usually everyone but the hero course. However, it did interest Izuku that there were two outliers. Shinsou from before, and a support course girl with pink hair. Keeping tabs on them, he watched and predicted how Katsuki and Todoroki tied for first, driving them mad to no end. Todoroki didn't seem to have a public reason, and Izuku was worried for the bi-colored kid. Meanwhile, Katsuki was just mad because he wasn't first place. Typical.

The next event passed by quickly, with predictable results. If this took place a year ago, Izuku would've happily given his analysis, but now? Now he had little to care for this show. The time passed slowly, but Izuku took mental notes on everyone at this stage. Their quirks, their capabilities, the works. He'd write formal analysis later, and hand them to their homeroom teachers. Vlad didn't like him for expelling Monoma, but Izuku made it clear to him that his attitude would negatively impact pro hero's perceptions overall, and that it was unacceptable. The next target to be expelled was likely Katsuki, but he was still on the fence. He was... tamer... if only slightly... than before. Although, the greenette could tell that the blond was receiving attention from the crowd of pros... for all the wrong reasons. Soon, Bakugo had the points, and had to go on defense... and remained doing so until the timer ended, and he was in first place.

The fights were just as... one sided. Often determined by the quirk's strengths and weaknesses over the opponent's skill. Bakugo decimated the competition, beating out a vine haired girl from class B named Ibara Shiozaki, Kirishima, and eventually he was ready for Todoroki. However, there was a break before the final fight, and Izuku wanted to stretch his legs, so he went to look for the son of Endeavour.

Wandering around, he heard an adult speak to Todoroki. Obviously the pro hero that was his father. "...you will not win with your petty rebellion. Do what you were born to do."
Shoto seemed to still refuse what the man was saying. "I will win... without your fire."
The man sighed, annoyed with the boy's response, and Izuku decided that it was time to announce his presence. Stepping around the corner, they both turned at the sound of the LEAF suit's metal feet hitting the floor. One step at a time, the greenette approached the duo.

Smiling warmly, he stated, "Ah, there you are, Todoroki. Your final fight will be starting soon."

Hostile, the pro hero didn't take kindly to the interruption, and didn't recognize the boy in the exosuit. "Who are you?!"

"Ah, Endeavour..." Izuku narrowed his eyes, before sighing and showing his ID badge. "I am his pre-quirk history teacher, Izuku Midoriya."

As soon as he heard the subject, he scoffed, "Hmph. A pointless subject for a hero."

"There is much to learn from the past. Villains have existed in all eras. If you do not learn from it... well, the world does not repeat itself so much as it does rhyme. I would consider that fact for the future, Endeavour..."

The two of them held each other's gazes unflinchingly, with Izuku eventually speaking to him again, "Perhaps you should get to your seat as I guide Shoto to the arena?"