The Cracks in the Foundation

One week prior:

The Master of the league looked down upon Neito Monoma. This was his spy, and he wanted to know why he failed. If it was his connection to him... then he'd have to dispose of him, for good. But if not... "Why were you expelled?"
Trembling from his failure, he half whispered: "There was a new teacher, for pre-quirk history. Nezu told me that he has the power to expel anyone."

"And are you completely expelled?"

"..." His silence was answer enough.

"Why were you expelled?" He sighed, 

"I talked disparagingly about the quirkless."

The Master sighed, it was such an easy trait to overlook, especially with such an unusual factor as this new teacher. "Neito... a skill both you and Tomura need to learn is about how to read the room. Sometimes, it is better to blend in than make yourself stick out. You've built one facade before... you'll simply need a new one."

"But... I..." It was clear he was uncertain about if he would do his job. Such loyalty is to be commended.

"Do not concern yourself with self doubt. Your beliefs aren't entirely incorrect... but there is a time and a place for everything. Is this new teacher... is this his first time teaching?"

He nodded, "Yes, sir."

"Hey may accept you back if you show change... I would like you to practice your acting skills, and appeal to Nezu directly. This may involve apologizing directly to this new teacher."

He looked down, not wanting to meet the mans... well, where his eyes would be. "I will try, Master."

"Good."

Present Day:

Izuku stood, arms crossed as the Staff kept discussing the events. They were relatively straightforward, and he was surprised that they were... unprepared. It was disappointing. As they wrapped up the main topic of the villains, they asked for Izuku's opinion on the Nomu and the misty villain. "They, frankly, aren't human." They were surprised, and Izuku explained why. "For one, my suit runs on Amrita energy. Humans only have one unit of energy. Most living things have only one unit of energy. There are a few exceptions, but there is no way those things were human. At least... not anymore. There is one other thing. The big one had many, many quirks. It was built, as confessed by the man-child, to kill Allmight. They had the means to do so."

Nezu thought for a moment, "We will have to prepare extra security for the Sports Festival, regardless."

Izuku couldn't believe it, "We're still going through with that?"

"Of course. We can't show them that we will cower against them. And the HPSC wouldn't let us quit. Especially now."
Izuku gave his honest thoughts, politics be damned. "From a tactical point of view, you're shooting yourself in the foot with a blunderbuss. It's your call."

Most of the staff were quiet, with the exception of Present Mic. "You're acting like we're at war..."

What Izuku said next chilled them to the core, as it was honest, true, and more likely, just the tip of the iceburg that was the villain attack. "The villain leader of this "League" believes they are. They struck with precision at a target, the actions of warfare. If you still want to do it, go ahead, but you're giving the enemy intel. This is just like the cold war. How long until it explodes into a live one?"

That set the mood for the rest of the day.

As soon as the news of the Sports festival arrived, everyone started to work hard to be able to compete. After the Izuku's first class after the event, he found the hallway blocked with people. "Uh... everyone, please clear out."
The downside of only being a history teacher for the hero courses is that the general education, buisness, and support courses didn't know of him. So, when he gave an order, they didn't listen. A purple haired kid even scoffed. "What, you think you're arrogant enough to order us around? Some class you are..."

Izuku sighed, "Listen... what's your name?"
"Hitoshi Shinsou."
"Listen Shinsou. Whatever issues you have with them, you will not speak rudely to me. After all, I am a teacher..." he pulled out a keycard, and showed it to the crowd. "So when I give you a command, you will listen. You can discuss whatever challenges you have during lunch, but do not obstruct students from leaving their classroom. Why are you so hyper focused on 1A, anyway? There are two heroics courses, not just one."

Shinsou paled when the one he thought was a student turned out to be a teacher. "Uh... they got attacked by villains and put on the spotlight..."
"Oh, is that why? Raise your hand, how many of you are here for that reason. Be honest." Most of them did.

"You would like to be in a life or death situation, huh? Perhaps I should bring you to Susurrus Valley. That way you'd be able to do the same as them... what do you say, eh? You would like to gamble with your life for fame?"

Everyone was uneasy, and kept silent, so Izuku continued, "None of us ever wanted to be thrown into that situation. It was fortunate that nobody got hurt, nevermind died, while that happened. So, I would check your attitude, and direct your misplaced jealousy elsewhere. After all, you won't win your way into the heroics course by standing here threatening my students. And Shinsou, I'd like a private word."

He nodded, and everyone dispersed after the Izuku used his authority, and Shinsou waited for students to leave. The greenette motioned for him to enter. "So... your statement earlier about Class A arrogance... was that due to personal experience, or just interpretation?"

"What?"

Izuku pinched the bridge of his nose, before gesturing with his right hand. "Let me repeat the question: Did you have a negative experience with Class A, or are you just projecting rumors? I am a teacher, so that kind of thing has to be taken seriously."
"Uh... Well... I haven't interacted with Class A before..."
Izuku shook his head, "That's what I thought. You have to think things through. Even if you were accepted into the heroics courses, doing what you did would only isolate you from them. They'll be resentful if you gloat about replacing a classmate... someone they fought and nearly died with. I would change your outlook and tune."
His frustration "They are only in the heroics course because their quirks are strong, though! Mine doesn't work on robots!"
In this regard, Izuku was completely sympathetic. "I completely agree. The hero test is unfair. But so is being a hero. Heroes aren't just celebrities. They are supposed to be public servants. They have to protect people with strength. At least, that's the limelight heroes." He sighed, "There is one guy I would like to expel but don't have the ability to yet. I won't keep you any longer... but a word of advice..."

Shinsou looked at him.

His emerald eyes bored into the violet ones of the insomniac as he gave his last statement, "Quirks don't make a person. I'm quirkless..." The violette's eyes widened, "...and yet, I'm a teacher for the heroics classes, and even able to fight against villains during the attack. Being antagonistic won't change people's perceptions. That's why I work so hard, even when I'm 14. Because nobody would take me seriously otherwise. Go have lunch, and think about what I've said."

He nodded, unable to say anything to the greenette. Izuku sighed, Yet again, things show that things are going to get worse. So much division over something that isn't worth it...