Chapter Two

Kat's eyes were glued to the clock beside her bed, watching and waiting for her brother to get home

Kat's eyes were glued to the clock beside her bed, watching and waiting for her brother to get home. Her mother had come home not long after she had arrived home, Kat informed her about Will's disappearance before covering up for Dustin. As the night grew later, she was getting worried. Knowing her brother, she knew he could be anywhere, and with Will missing, all Kat knew was that he could be trying to find his lost friend. Finally, a little past midnight she heard faint sounds coming from her front door. Deciding not to catch him in the act and knowing she needed to talk to him, she moved quietly to his bedroom and sat on his bed, and waited.

Dustin opened his bedroom door and saw his sister on his bed, slowly walking in he closed the door before holding his hands up. "I know you're mad, but I can explain."

"Mad isn't even covering my mood. So, let's start at where were you?" Kat asked as she crossed her arms.

"WeknowWillismissingandwewantedtogohelpfindhim,sowewentintothewoodstogolookforhimandinsteadwefoundaweirdgirlwhocanbarelytalkandshehasashavedhead." Dustin rushed out.

Kat stared at her brother, blinking her eyes a few times trying to fully comprehend everything he had just said to her. Lucky for her she knows how to speak Dustin. After a minute or two had gone by, her mind couldn't understand one part of what he had said. "You found a girl in the woods?"

Dustin nodded his head. "She tried to get naked." And made the motion of pulling off his shirt trying to demonstrate it.

Kat looked at Dustin with pure confusion, her mind still reeling. "You found a girl in the woods?!" She couldn't get over that little fact. "How old is she? What do you mean she can barely talk? Dustin, you found a girl in the woods!"

"Yes, we found her in the woods, we were trying to find Will; get the picture. She could only say yes or no. Looks about my age? Lucas thinks she escaped from Pennhurst. Whatever that is. We took her back to Mike's house and tomorrow he is going to sneak her out and have her ring the front door for his mom."

Kat rubbed her forehead, trying to wrap her head around all of this. "I'm never leaving you guys alone ever again." Sighing loudly. "Get some sleep, this will all be figured out tomorrow...I hope." Getting up from his bed she kept muttering to herself, 'He found a girl in the woods?!'

The Next Morning

Kat barely got any sleep as she was still trying to figure out what was going on; from Will being missing, the strange phone call that Joyce received, and now the weird girl in the woods. Something was going on in their quiet small town, she just couldn't figure out what. Her mind was in a daze all morning as she went to school. From the sun rising to her arriving at school all seemed like one big blur.

Kat was walking to her first period when she spotted Nancy, Barb, Steve, Tommy, and Carol all staring at something or more like someone. Approaching them from behind she saw that they were staring at Jonathan who was putting up Will's missing person flyer that helped make the night before. As she got closer, she was able to hear the comment Tommy Hagen said about Jonathan possibly killing his brother.