Chapter Seventeen

Kat had woken up early the next morning, going over her list of mandatory cookies she needed to bake; her traditional Christmas brownies with M&M's, snickerdoodle cookies, and gingerbread cutout cookies

Kat had woken up early the next morning, going over her list of mandatory cookies she needed to bake; her traditional Christmas brownies with M&M's, snickerdoodle cookies, and gingerbread cutout cookies. Kat used to make more but with previous years and Dustin's not-so-very helpful assistance, she has shortened her list down. She had just finished organizing the ingredients when she heard a knock on the door. Running over she was greeted by Steve, who was wearing a fancy Christmas sweater; after making him come in she looked over his outfit again.

"Please tell me you're wearing another shirt under that?" she asked skeptically.

Steve looked down then looked back up. "Too much?"

Kat laughed lightly while nodding her head, holding up her fingers. "Just a little. It's perfect to wear when we deliver them, but not baking. Tends to be a little... messy."

Steve nodded his head as he reached down, taking off his sweater and leaving him in a white shirt. Kat put a hand over her face. Walking into the kitchen she grabbed the spare apron and tossed it at him. She grabbed the other one, putting it on, and tied it around her waist. Steve looked over his apron that said, 'wonder mom'; while hers was a plain dark blue. "Really?" Steve held up his.

Kat smiled. "If it makes you feel better, I make Dustin wear it too."

Steve put on the apron without complaining anymore, he placed his sweater on the back of the sofa before clapping his hands together, "So, where do we begin?"

Kat led him into the kitchen, instructing him that they will make the snickerdoodle cookies first since they are a little easier to make. Much to Kat's surprise, Steve actually listened to her instructions. The real fun began when Kat had Steve start to make the gingerbread cookies while she got started on the brownies. The trouble started when Steve kept reaching over to steal a handful of m&ms, after the fourth time she slapped his hand. "Keep taking them, there won't be any left. Then I am going to tell Ted Wheeler, and all the kids that you took them all."

Steve held up his hands in surrender, but when Kat turned her back, he took another handful. Kat only caught the way his cheeks puffed out. Giving him a look, she picked up a handful of his flour and sprinkled it all over his head. Steve turned to face her slowly as the flour trickled down in front of him. "Told you to stop." Grinning at him, she went back to her mix.

What she wasn't expecting was for Steve to retaliate and throw flour in her face, she couldn't let that slide so she broke an egg over his head. This started a war in the kitchen, with both of them throwing flour, eggs, cocoa powder, and whatever they could get their hands on. Kat would try to use a cookie sheet as a shield but she briefly forgot that Steve had once played baseball.

This is the mess that Dustin, Mike, Will, and Lucas all walked in on. "What is going on?!" The younger Henderson yelled as he and his friends stood at the doorway of the kitchen; there were baking ingredients on every surface of the kitchen.