Chapter Thirty-Five

Once they made it back to the trailer park, the group crowded around the table in Eddie's makeshift dining room

Once they made it back to the trailer park, the group crowded around the table in Eddie's makeshift dining room. "Okay. I wanna run through it one more time." Nancy said as she looked around at everyone. "Phase one.

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal to Max and Lucas when we're ready." Steve started off, he pointed to himself, Robin, and Nancy for phase one.

"While you guys are doing that, we are demobatting proofing the trailer and getting ourselves to be ready for your signal," Eddie added.

"Phase two." Nancy listed off.

"Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Dustin answered.

"Phase three?" Nancy asked.

"We draw the bats away. With as much noise as necessary." Kat answered as she pointed to her, Dustin, and Eddie. Eddie smirked and fist-bumped her.

"Four." Nancy continued.

"We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and flambé." Robin finished the plan off.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. -- Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy ordered as she gave a pointed look to each of them.

"Got it." They all said at once.

Steve walked over to the makeshift rope that Dustin had thrown earlier to lead them to the Upside Down, giving it a few tugs, he turned back towards the group. "Be careful." Kat voiced up. Steve gave her a warm smile, giving her a quick peck on the lips before climbing up. As he climbed through the Upside Down he did a flip, almost like a superhero pose. "What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin asked as she leaned into Kat.

They watched as Steve grabbed a mattress and placed it under the hole. "All right. Let's go." He called up. One by one they all climbed up and through, Kat and Eddie were last as they threw all the weapons before them.

Kat smiled at Steve as he was holding an axe while holding out the spiked bat toward her. "Seems like we traded weapons." He stepped closer to her, making sure everything was in place. "I don't like how we keep splitting up. We literally just promised that we wouldn't. -- I need to make sure you're safe."

Kat took a hold of his free hand. "And I will be, but I have to make sure that my brother is safe too. -- Dustin and Eddie will have my back, just as Nancy and Robin have yours. When everything goes right, you know where to find me."

Steve took in her words, locking eyes with her, "Just in case, I love you, Katherine Henderson."

A small half smile formed on her lips. "I love you, Steven Harrington." She said before kissing him.

"Alright love birds break up; we have an evil wizard to kill," Eddie said stepping up to the couple. Everyone grabbed their weapons and headed outside of the trailer.