Chapter Twenty-Five

El was screaming in pain while everyone else was freaking out trying to think of something that could help her

El was screaming in pain while everyone else was freaking out trying to think of something that could help her. Kat held the younger girl's hand, as she squeezed so tight that her knuckles started to turn white. Looking down they noticed that it had begun to bubble.

"What is that?" Erica asked, bringing everyone's attention to what was happening as she also saw something moving under the skin. The skin on El's leg started to sizzle.

Mike gasped. "There's something in there."

"Jesus Christ," Dustin muttered.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan ordered Kat and Mike.

With Kat's spare hand she was gently rubbing her shoulder. "Hey, El. I need you to open your eyes. -- You're stronger than the pain El, you're stronger than anything." She spoke in a low voice.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake." Mike squeezed El's other hand. El struggled to keep her eyes open, listening to their voices.

"Let's get her on this side, on this side," Will suggested before he and Steve moved El into a more comfortable position against Mike.

"Easy, easy, easy, easy," Steve said in a low tone to Will. Steve moved to sit beside Kat, making sure that his arm touched the side of her arm.

"It's, uh... You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane." Robin started as she was rambling.

"Robin." Steve and Kat at the same time. They looked at each other before they looked back at their friend.

"Yeah?"

"You're not helping." Steve voiced out to their rambling friend.

Jonathan came running back to them; carrying a very hot knife, a wooden spoon, and a pair of rubber gloves. "Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" El nodded her head. "Need you to stay real still." Jonathan handed her the wooden spoon. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?"

"Jesus Christ," Dustin mutters again. El starts to whimper as Jonathan readies the knife. "Holy shit. Holy shit."

Mike looked down at El before locking eyes with Kat, who nodded her head in encouragement; Mike looked back at Jonathan. "Do it."

"Okay," Jonathan muttered to himself before he pressed the hot knife against her skin; blood and puss ooze out of her. He continued to cut into her skin making a three-inch incision. He then drops the knife and slides two fingers into her leg.

"Oh fuck" Kat gagged at the site. While Nancy's eyes went wide. "Jonathan!"

"Stop talking!" He yelled at them. His fingers moved around trying to find it. El is continuing to scream. "Goddamn it!" Jonathan yelled out, getting frustrated.