Chapter Fifteen

The group of five stood in the eerie quiet junkyard, it fully hitting them what exactly just happened; Kat and Steve shared a look before rounding the kids up wanting to follow where the demogorgons were going

The group of five stood in the eerie quiet junkyard, it fully hitting them what exactly just happened; Kat and Steve shared a look before rounding the kids up wanting to follow where the demogorgons were going. Having the distance growls leading them. Behind the older teens, Lucas and Dustin were arguing if that was Dart or not; of course, Steve had to add in that Dart ate the family cat, and Lucas snapped at Dustin for breaking the party law.

Kat turned around and pointed her flashlight at the preteens behind her. "Can we cut it out? Dustin, you broke the rule, and Lucas so did you by telling Max without getting it approved by the party. You both fucked up."

"His stupid pet could have eaten us for dinner!" Lucas snapped at the older female.

"You're not the one who shared a roof with it for a number of nights, and was previously attacked by one, and still get nightmares about it. I am going to kick his ass for that, yes, but that's the least of our problems at the moment. How about we worry about the pack of demogorgons we were just attacked by? Shouldn't we...I don't know, find them to tell Hopper?" Kat continued walking, annoyed with both preteen boys at the moment.

The demogorgon screeching sound was getting louder the closer they got. Max looked around. "Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound? --- Hello? --- Hello?"

The group of five stopped at the edge of the forest as it looked towards the lab. All the lights of the lab were off and there was an alarm ringing out from somewhere in the building. The growling from the demogorgons was coming from inside the fence now.

Lucas was the first one to break the miniature silence. "It's the lab. -- They were going back home."

The older teenagers shared another look before they started to make their way towards the front gates, making the younger trio follow behind them. Steve and Kat got their weapons ready if they needed to use them, as they were unsure what they were about to face. As they got closer to the front gate, they started to hear two people talking. Who they saw surprised them both.

"Steve? Kat?" Jonathan and Nancy both asked as they stepped out of the tree line.

"What are you doing here?" Both groups asked at the same time, looking at each other confused.

Jonathan shook his head, finding it freaky. "We're looking for Mike and Will."

Kat shared a look of concern with Steve before lifting her hand and pointing toward the lab. "They're not in there, are they?"

"We're not sure. -- Why?" Nancy asked as she looked at the rest of the group who emerged from the tree line. Just as she asked the demogorgon screech could be heard ringing from inside the lab building.

The group stood outside of the lab as some of the lights came on, Jonathan and Nancy jumped into his car and went down to the lab for their family; Kat, Steve, and Dustin were starting to get worried about what was happening, Max was still trying to understand what was happening as Lucas stood there and quickly noticed headlights heading towards them. "Move! Move! Move!" He quickly shoved them out of the way as one car sped past them before Hopper's jeep stopped in front of them. "Come on! Get in!"