Chapter Twenty-Nine

After reassuring Eddie the night before that they would come back with food, they somehow managed to leave

After reassuring Eddie the night before that they would come back with food, they somehow managed to leave. But none of them wanted to be alone with the threat of the Upside Down back once again, they also figured that their parents wouldn't let them leave if they saw them, so the group decided on staying together at Steve's house for the night. Knowing his parents wouldn't care as much. Everyone was able to sneak into their bedroom though and get a change of clothes and anything that they might need.

The following morning the group made their way back to Reefer Ricks; Kat and Robin were both carrying bags of groceries as Max opened the boat house door. "Delivery service!" Kat called out, as they managed to scare Eddie.

The group walked in, Steve making sure the coast was clear as he closed the door. Kat and Robin put the bags down on the workbench that was by the window, as Max and Dustin walked further into the room. Max moved to stand beside Robin by the window.

"So, we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. -- How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked his friend.

Eddie grabbed the box of cereal that Kat picked out. "Alright, bad news."

Dustin looked over at the others before looking back at Eddie. "We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you."

"Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy," Kat added.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Robin made sure to add on as well.

Eddie stopped in mid-handful of cereal. "And the good news?" He asked as he looked at the group around him, afraid of what he might hear.

Steve spoke up. "Your name hasn't gone public yet." Steve answered with a smile.

Max spoke up from beside Robin. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do."

"And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother are gonna be gunning for you." Dustin finished up for everyone.

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie muttered loud enough for everyone to hear him.

Kat looked back at Steve, as Dustin confirmed Eddie's spoken words. "So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin spoke with the most positivity. The night before while everyone was sleeping Kat and Steve talked about what they could do. Because they both knew even if they managed to kill this new thing, they still had to figure out a way to prove Eddie's innocence, which would be harder than killing the new creature.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie spoke with sarcasm.

Dustin thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

Robin cut off anyone from speaking up. "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. -- I mean, they have a few times, and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, and theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this." She paused for a brief moment. "Actually, Kat and Steve really have been in this longer than anyone in this room."