Chapter Eight

The teens don't bother telling the kids that they are leaving, knowing full well that they would have tried to stop them or try to join them on their mission

The teens don't bother telling the kids that they are leaving, knowing full well that they would have tried to stop them or try to join them on their mission. Breaking into the police station was a lot easier than they all expected, it helped that Officer Callahan was too busy in his own little world to realize that they were creeping around taking all of their items back. They were able to get all their supplies and loaded them up in Jonathan's car where they went over their plan once again as they needed to make sure they each knew what to do.

At the Byers house, Nancy and Kat set up several traps while Jonathan set up the bear trap and hammered nails into the bat. Kat picked up her ax with both hands and did a slow swing; while Nancy was loading the gun. Nancy also assisted Kat in rewrapping her leg, making it a little tighter so it wouldn't bother her. The finishing touch was pouring a line of gasoline through the house as well as adding the yo-yo. The last task was getting a knife for each of them.

The trio collectively took a breath, "Remember..." Jonathan started.

"Straight into Will's room. And--" Nancy continued.

"Don't step on the trap." Kat finished the sentence.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move," Nancy spoke again.

"Then." Jonathan flicked open the lighter. "Alright. Ready?"

The three of them held the knife against their palm as they counted to three. Jonathan tried talking the girls out of it, but Nancy said three, and the trio cut the palm of their hand. All of them wincing from the cut. "Son of a bitch." Kat muttered.

As gross as it is, they smeared their blood around the house, hoping it would draw the attention of the demogorgon, making sure it led to the bear trap as well. After putting their blood around the house, they sat down on the couches and wrapped their hands up to stop the bleeding.

Kat broke the eerie silence. "You know the next time we all get together; can we make sure none of us are bleeding as we've picked up a habit." Jonathan and Nancy smiled and nodded their heads in agreement.

The houses made some creaking sounds, scaring Nancy. "My mom, she said the lights speak when it comes," Jonathan said as he noticed her freaked-out expression.

Nancy looked confused. "Speak?"

"They blink, I saw it when we got Will the last time. I guess anything involving that world would cause that." Kat said as she leaned against the wall in the kitchen, she was the first one to have wrapped her hand. Moving away from the two, she let them have their little moment and she picked up her ax that she had set on the kitchen table, flexing her hand around it; making sure she could get a good grip on the weapon.

The trio jumped when a banging erupted at the front door. "Jonathan? Are you there, man? It's... it's Steve! Listen, I just want to talk!" Hearing his voice causes Kat to roll her eyes as she moved to join the others in the living room.