Chapter Nineteen

Kat woke up the next morning to the light going straight into her eyes; the night before after calling Eddie, he picked her up, and together they went back to his trailer to smoke

Kat woke up the next morning to the light going straight into her eyes; the night before after calling Eddie, he picked her up, and together they went back to his trailer to smoke. Eddie of course asked tons of questions about why she was friends with Steve 'The Hair' Harrington, and of course, Eddie had to point out that Steve's been hogging her all summer. It was well past midnight when Kat got home, everyone was asleep as she quietly snuck in and went to her room.

"Morning." A chipper voice said at the foot of her bed. Jumping, she didn't even realize that Dustin was sitting there. "What the hell Dustin?"

"Mom told me to wake you up or you're going to be late for work, she guessed you forgot to call Steve about what time you need to be at work."

Kat slammed her head back down into her pillow. "Fuck" Sitting up she looked at the clock beside her bed, relaxing just a little knowing her brother work up a few hours before her shift. "Thank you for waking me up."

"Well get up then, we are heading in before your shift," Dustin said with a smile as he tapped her bed and getting up, headed towards her bedroom door.

Stretching out she paused. "We?"

"Yeah, I need to go see Steve and tell him all about Suzie."

Rubbing her face, she remembered his ham radio. "Oh, did you get hold of her yesterday?"

Kat watched as Dustin's face flashed with something, but she didn't know just what it was. "No... no, she must be still settling at home. Now hurry up!" he said as he closed her door.

Groaning she dragged herself out of bed, grabbing a fresh uniform and undergarments, before heading towards the shower, she was thankful that she didn't need to wash her hair as she washed it when she came home yesterday from the pool. Getting out she put on light makeup after getting dressed, just enough to make it look like she was alive.

Stepping out she stepped into the kitchen where Dustin tossed a brown paper bag to her, catching it, she looked at him with confusion. "It's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Now let's go." He then tossed her the car keys before walking out the front door with his backpack on.

Kat still stood in the kitchen with confusion on her face, looking from where Dustin stood to the keys and paper bag. "I did not miss this."

Once arriving at Starcourt Dustin jumped out of the car as he patiently waited for Kat to get out. "I swear if you tell me to hurry up one more time, I'm going to refuse to go. Or worse, I'll get Steve to do something."

Dustin led the way towards Scoops Ahoy, Kat standing behind him, giving a smirk to Robin. Once it was his turn, Dustin walked up. "Hi!"

Robin gave him a bored expression. "Hi."

Dustin pointed to himself. "I'm Dustin."

"I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is-- is he here?"