The Fallen King

Steve's first reaction was fear, than absolute terror, but then he was angry. "Henderson. What. The. Hell." His words seethed through his teeth, he was still shaking, but out of anger towards the younger boy. "No! Don't get mad! Look, I just knew you had a problem with Eddie for some reason so I wanted to bring him here so maybe you guys could talk! That's all!" Dustin's words reminded Steve of the other guy in the room and his eyes shot back to him. He was taller now, had a lot more muscle, but his eyes still had the same shine in them they did years ago.

Steve forgot everything that was going on for that few seconds he stared at Eddie. Until he finally looked him in the eyes, and his air got sucked back into his throat, and he forgot how to breath again. Eddie gave him a small smile, one with irritation painted on. What the hell did he have to be irritated about? He wasn't the one who was supposed to be working right now, surrounded by peace and quiet. Steve rolled his eyes at the man and looked back at Dustin, the younger boy raising both eyebrows in anticipation at him. "Fuck, okay. I'll drive you to your dumb club tonight. Just get the hell out." Eddie scoffed when Steve called the club dumb and rolled his eyes, turning away and walking out .

Steve watched him as he did, eyeing him the entire way. The familiar feeling came back and he tried shaking it out of his head, running his hand through his hair. "I'll see you tonight Steve!" Dustin yelled out a goodbye as he ran after Eddie out the door.

God, Steve thought. He could feel a pair of eyes staring at him again, being the same person it was earlier. "Do you want to talk about it now?" He did, he really, really did. He had so much pent up frustration, anger, sadness. He knew Robin would be fine with it. He's just never had to explain it to anyone before. Hell, he could barely explain it to himself.

"Steve, we fought secret russians together, we've been drugged together. Whatever drugs you did, whoever you killed. You know you can tell me. You know my darkest secret, and you know how good it was for me to finally tell someone. Because you're my best friend and I trust you." She pulled the best friend card. Of course she pulled the goddamn best friend card.

"Rob I don't know why you're so stuck on the idea of me doing drugs, but that's not it." He tried to joke his way out of it, but of course, when has he ever gotten lucky. "Oh my god. So you did kill someone!" Steve had his back to Robin, trying to focus back on the stupid candy display, "God, no! Robin! We-" He took a breath and mumbled, "weusedtohookup".

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't get that. Would you mind, oh I don't know. SPEAKING AT A NORMAL VOLUME!" Fucking- "WE USED TO HOOK UP ROBIN!" Steve's eyes went wide and he slapped his hand over his mouth, forever grateful that no one wanted to rent a movie at that moment. He slowly turned around, meeting his best friend's wide eyes. "You- you. You. You? You-. Oh my god you-. I can't beleive-. You're? What?" Her eyes were looking every where trying to figure out what Steve had just told her.

"Look, just." He took a deep breath in and ran his hand through his hair again, trying to keep himself from throwing up. "We were in some classes together okay. I mean, we were supposed to graduate together! I was confused at the time and I heard a rumor that he was, you know, gay. He's obviously like, attractive, I guess. I made up an excuse for myself one day and got him to meet me in the woods so I could by some weed off of him and one thing led to another, and you know, yeah."

Robin's eyes seemed to go wider since the last time he looked at them. Steve rubbed his hands over his face and groaned. "Robin could you please just say something before I explode." Her eyes slowly turned to slits. Confused, but also slightly irritated slits? "One thing doesn't just lead to another Steve-o. If they did, I would have a girlfriend now, but guess what, I don't!" I'm sorry Steve thought, how did this get turned around to her? "I don't know Rob! I just, I don't know, flirted I guess! We ended up smoking a little bit and god knows I'm attractive so things just kind of happened!"

She raised her eyebrows at him, "humble as ever Steve." She gave him a tight smile, still finding her way through everything. "So you're telling me, you, Steve Harrington. Hooked up with Eddie the freak Munson?" A slight smile adorned her lips at the thought. "For about a year yeah." Her face shot up again with wide eyes, "a year? A year Steve!" He thought back to that year, it was the happiest he had practically ever been. "Yeah, my sophomore year."

<3 Hi, it's the author! I'm so hyperfixated on these two boys right now. And the relationship that probably won't happen, but god willing, will.