A Knight in a Barbarians Armor

"Steve what the hell was that?" Robin walked up to him and stared wide eyed at him. "What are you talking about Robin?" She gestured towards the door, "the way you just acted! It was- weird." Steve raised an eyebrow at her and continued to stock up the snacks. He stayed quiet for minutes before he sighed and sunk to the floor. "Oh Stevie." She sat down across from him and grabbed his hand. "Would you just talk to me dingus?" She was being soft with him, but he felt like he was about to break down crying.

"I just- he acted weird about the date thing right? I know he said it was because he thought he would be the one to ask me, but there was something else there Robin. It was like he was unsure about it. And then the sex thing again! We can joke about it all we want, but at the end of the day I'm terrified. And I hate it Rob, I fucking hate it! I know he wants to, but I just- I don't know what it is. It's like he becomes a different person when we do stuff and it makes me nervous. Like it's hot as fuck but, I just get so nervous and scared. I feel like I'm letting him down, we used to do it all the time and now I just- can't. It was just sex back then Rob, but I love him now and it means something with him."

He leaned his head against the wall and let the tears fall out, quietly sobbing. "Steve, I promise- I swear. You're overthinking a lot of this okay? I mean, you just told each other this morning that you loved each other. I know both of you have known for a while, but your whole relationship dynamic has flipped in the span of a day. You two care about each other, which honestly, is probably something Eddie's not used to much, and you've always had trouble with it. I think you just need to slow down. He loves you, that's all that matters right now. And I promise that you're not letting him down. I don't think you ever could. But, instead of talking to me about all of this, you need to start talking to him Steve. Break down the walls now so communication and everything else with it gets easier as you go."

She was right, he hated talking about his feelings with anyone but her. Then again, she was one of the very few people that took him seriously. He doesn't want to seem whiny, or anxious constantly around Eddie. But he has so many thoughts he wants to get out and he holds them in, just breaking down later. Robin was right, they need to work on their communication, and they will.

Steve stood up and wiped his face, "yeah you're right, I am whipped." They both laughed and Robin rolled her eyes. They spent the rest of their day talking to the few customers who came in and each other.

I wonder if he's going to be there when I get home, Steve thought on his way home from Robin's. But to his dismay, there was no rusty beat up van in his driveway when he arrived. So he took the chance to change into more comfortable clothes. Maybe I'll steal a shirt from Eddie next time I go to his trailer. He put on a pair of sweatpants and a loose white t-shirt, walking downstairs and flopping on the couch. He turned on the tv to Golden Girls and let out a big yawn.

1 hour later...

Steve felt him being picked up and realized he had fallen asleep on the couch. Two strong arms were wrapped around his body, carrying him to his room. "Eddie?" The man looked down and chuckled, "yeah love. I feel like we need to have a talk about you leaving your doors unlocked at night, but we'll talk tomorrow." Eddie laid the man down on the bed, taking off his own jacket and vest, along with his shoes. "You're gonna sleep in your jeans?" Eddie stopped, "well yeah Harrington, I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Steve's heart warmed and he snuggled himself farther into the pillow. "I don't think you'd ever purposefully make me uncomfortable Munson. It's fine I promise, I just want you in bed with me."  Eddie chuckled and took his jeans off sliding into bed next to Steve. "I'd take that the wrong way if I didn't realize how tired you are."

Steve sat up a little, "good. So, can I have your shirt then?" Eddie's eyebrows scrunched, a confused look on his face. "You want my shirt?"  Steve shook his head, "Robin said I need to get better at communicating, so this is me doing that. I want to sleep in your shirt Munson. Please." Eddie chuckled, taking his shirt off. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you're trying to get me naked sweetheart." Steve took his shirt off and threw it at Eddie, putting Eddie's shirt on and melting in the warmth. "You don't have to put mine on. And don't act like I'd have to try very hard to get you naked doofus." Eddie threw Steve's shirt on and finally laid down next to the man, cupping his cheek and taking a moment to stare at him.

"Are you okay Steve, really? Because if you want to talk about something you know I'm all ears." Steve leaned in and kissed him softly, whispering against his lips. "That is one of the reasons why I love you so much." Eddie sighed sweetly and wrapped his hand around Steve's waist, pulling them closer. He tugged the blanket over them and kissed Steve on the forehead. "Good night Harrington. I love you."

<3 I love this so so so much. Just in case you missed it, I did change the ending of the last chapter a little bit to flow better with this one. Very very happy. This is the last chapter I'm posting today, so enjoy!