The Artificer's Struggle

"Why do I always let you pick the movie?" Steve groaned as he jumped again, Eddie laughing at him for the hundredth time. "I think you just like having a reason to jump into my arms love." He could very well be right, as Steve had glued himself to Eddie's side as soon as the sun went down. He rolled his eyes and gave the man a soft kiss on the cheek, cuddling farther into Eddie's side. "What happened to keeping our hands to ourselves?" 

Steve grunted at him and scooted away, crossing his arms and watching the movie by himself. A hand found it's way to his thigh and pulled him back over to Eddie, as close as they had been prior, and close enough to bring a smile back to Steve's face. "It was a joke Harrington. If those two girls over there can do it, I can do it with my boyfriend." His heart melted at the word and he looked over to his best friend and her crush. The two truly were sitting close, both with smiles on their faces. "See, I told you this was a good idea." The hand tightened around his thigh before coming down in between the two men and resting on the blanket.

"Fine, I'll admit I'm not having the worst time. But I'd much rather be at home right now finishing what we started." Steve's eyebrow rose and he looked over at the man, "and what would that be Munson?" He watched as Eddie's head fell back and he chuckled, Steve's eyes stuck on the bobbing of his adam's apple. He thought the man looked incredibly sexy like that and it was creating a problem for Steve. "You know what I'm talking about princess." His face was definitely on fire at this point and he thanked god for the darkness surrounding them.

Steve stayed quiet, not wanting to make his problem worse. He looked at the screen and tried to ignore how tense his body was. "Baby? Hey, did I make you uncomfortable? Steve?" Eddie leaned forward to meet his eyes and rubbed his side. "No! No, I'm fine I promise! You didn't do anything just- watch the movie." He was trying to not pay attention to the hand on his side, he's never found it this hard to not be- hard.

Eddie's eyebrows pointed down as he worried about his boyfriend. "What's wrong then?" His hand moved to his thigh and he grabbed it lightly, trying to get the man's attention. Steve's head whipped towards the hand and then back at the man. "Hey! You're honestly worrying about nothing! I'm cool! As cool as a cucumber!"

He folded his hands and placed them in his lap, trying to cover up the bain of his existence. Eddie's eyes shot down to the movement and slowly moved back up to Steve's eyes. He made this cycle multiple times before a smirk started to grow on his face and kept his eyes locked on Steve. "Having troubles?" He thought it was funny, and that irritated the piss out of Steve. "No, no I'm not. I don't know what you're talking about." Steve shifting slowly away from the man.

Eddie's eyebrow rose at the movement and the smirk remained permanent on his face. But instead of saying something this time, he turned towards the screen and leaned back onto his arms. Steve's face contorted with confusion at the man's cool stature. "You peeve me, Eddie Munson." He laughed again, his head falling back- again. Steve groaned and slapped his hands over his face, rubbing as rough as he could.

Eddie looked over with him in amusement, "what is wrong with you?" The man's eyes turned to slits as he looked at Eddie. "You. You are what's wrong with me. If you could stop being attractive for maybe an hour. I'd be able to get through the night with no problems. But no, you're so god damn sexy. And it's killing me Munson. Killing. Me." Eddie still look amused, but his face was filled with surprise at the sudden outburst. "A-am I supposed to apologize- or?"

Steve let out a loud groan and grabbed Eddie's jacket by the collar, pressing a deep kiss to his lips. The man cupped Steve's cheeks and pulled him closer, fire setting between the two. Steve pulled away after a few seconds and lightly punched Eddie's chest, "now watch the damn movie Munson." He shuffled himself into the man's side and let his hand lean behind his back, the touch tensing Eddie for a second before he relaxed into it.

Steve stole another look at Robin and Vickie and his heart soared. The view was more than enough to make his night. Vickie had laid her head down on Robin's shoulder and Steve could tell his best friend was mentally screaming. He laughed and returned his eyes back to the movie, kissing Eddie's shoulder lightly.

The four carried their stuff into the back of Steve's car and shuffled into it all faces ear to ear with smiles. Steve smiled as he looked into his rear view mirror, "so girls, how was the movie?" Robin's face immediately turned red and Vickie just rolled her eyes at her in amusement and smiled back at Steve, "it was really good. How was your guys' night?" His smile grew as he looked over to his boyfriend, who was smiling and watching out the window. "It was great. Awful movie choice. But great night." He could almost hear Eddie's eyes roll as the other three laughed. Steve took a deep breath and laid his hand on Eddie's thigh, the man's body tensing at the soft show of affection. He met Steve's eyes and found a warm smile, Eddie's heart melting at the moment. I love you, Steve mouthed.

He looked back to the road and they dropped Vickie off, Robin stuttering before figuring out she just needed to say bye and tell her to have a goodnight. She practically exploded as soon as the door closed and spilled her guts to the two boys. "She- she leaned on me! Tell me one of you saw that! She's amazing! We had great conversations and I stopped freaking out halfway through the night. God, this is awful." Steve laughed at his best friend and stopped as they went to drop her off. "It's going to be fine Rob. I can tell she likes you. I know you're scared but this was just the first time you hung out, and there will definitely be others. I love you and you did great tonight." Robin threw herself onto the back of Steve's seat and wrapped her hands around him. "Thank you so much for doing this doofus. I owe you one."

She got out of the car and practically skipped up to her house. Eddie leaned his head back into the seat and put his hand on Steve's thigh. "Let's go home Harrington. I'm too tired to fuck you, but the least you can do is cuddle me since I did so good tonight." Steve rolled his eyes and smiled at the man, driving the two of them back to his house.

<3 I'm in love. That's it.