The First Encounter

<3 Giving you guys that little sneak peek into Eddie and Steve's first actual interaction together. This definitely makes me want to continue it and I definitely will, but you'll just have to take this for now. Love you!

"Have you heard the rumors about Munson?" Steve grunted against his locker at Tommy's question. He continued, "hear he's a fag. Someone said they found him staring at some guys a couple days ago. Makes sense I guess."

Fag. Steve hates that word. It's so- jesus it's just sharp and awful.

"So what Tommy, you gonna ask him out now?" Steve pushed off his locker and the ass sniffer followed closely behind. "Fuck off Harrington."

So Eddie Munson likes guys, huh?

Since the summer Steve's had to ask himself the same question. Of course he likes girls but- well lets just say going to the pool was a little confusing for him.

He's bought some weed off of him before, but they rarely talked. It was just them meeting in the woods for maybe a minute and Steve passing Eddie off with a grunt and giving him the money. But, he's not, not attractive. His curly hair is kinda cute and he likes the tough emo guy act he's gotten better at pulling off over the years.

Plus he can beat Eddie up if he ever needed to.

Steve decided he was gonna meet up with him at least to buy some weed off of him, he was running out anyways. And if they happen to talk well, he wouldn't just brush Eddie off this time.

Once Tommy finally left to go to his own class, Steve made his way outside to the place he knows Eddie smokes and scared the shit out of the boy when the door swung open. "For fucks sake Harrington, could you be a little less dickish?"

"I'm not dickish, asshole. Meet me at the spot during lunch." Eddie nodded his head against the brick wall with his eyes closed, "of course your highness."

Steve's leg was bouncing the entire period before the bell rang and he told Tommy he was gonna be late to lunch and to 'not fucking follow him'. He all but sprinted his way out to the woods and sat on the table, his leg still bouncing as he bit on his thumb nail.

He shouldn't be this nervous- he's just buying weed off the guy and maybe having a conversation with him. It's not like their about to have sex or anything.

He heard the leaves crunch and his head shot up to a mop of brown curls making his way through the woods.

Fuck this clumsy, metal head looking dunce. Why's he fucking cute?

"Alright Harrington, are we doing your usual?" He laid his lunch box down on the table next to Steve's leg and popped it open.

"Do you just carry that around with you everywhere?" Eddie looked up at him with a quirked eyebrow, "yeah. No one exactly cares to check." He took Steve's baggie out and put it on his lap, not letting go. Steve rolled his eyes and stood up, pulling his wallet out of his pocket and taking the money out.

Eddie took it and counted it up before smiling and shoving it away. "Pleasure doing business with ya." He closed his lunchbox and turned to walk away. Steve started freaking out mentally because he was actually planning on talking to him and now he's just- walking away. What the hell does he say? Does- fuck.

"Hey! I have a- I need to ask you a question real quick." Eddie's eyebrows furrowed and he cautiously walked back over to Steve. "I- god uhm. I heard this rumor- and I was just wondering if it was true I guess-"

"You do know that if you beat me up, I won't sell to you anymore right? And you get it from me for a fair price Harrington so I don't think it's in your best interest."

Steve shook his head, "I don't want to beat you up Munson, the hell? I was just wondering." Eddie groaned and threw his head back, "what is it?"

"Well- you know- people just talk, and I don't just want to assume so-"

"Harrington would you just fucking spit it out?"

"Tommy said that there's a rumor out that you're gay-"

It came out like lightning and Steve couldn't look at Eddie. He felt so embarrassed asking about this kind of stuff and all of this was making him super uncomfortable.

Eddie just laughed at him and Steve's eyebrows furrowed, "what the hell about that is funny?" He held up a finger for Steve to give him a second and wiped away a tear. "I'm not gay idiot- well not exactly. I like guys and girls- everyone really. I don't really care about gender in general. Just attracted to who I'm attracted to."

Steve nodded slowly with wide eyes. He said it so openly like it was just- a normal thing.

"You okay Harrington? Didn't mean to freak you out." Eddie looked at him with furrowed brows and took a step towards him. "No, I-I'm cool." Eddie gave him a small smile and took another step forward, pressing his hand to Steve's forehead. "Dude you look like you've seen a ghost, if this stuff freaks you out so much why'd you ask?"

Steve felt his skin tingle underneath Eddie's touch and pulled away slightly. He mumbled out some words as he shook his head of the feeling. "It doesn't freak me out asshole. Just not used to talking about it in a- not shitty way, I guess."

"Well that comes from having shitty friends doesn't it Steve?" He rolled his eyes and looked back up at Eddie. "Sure." Eddie nodded and looked around the woods awkwardly, "so is that all you needed or-"

Steve nodded his head and hopped off the table, grabbing the weed and shoving it in his zip up. "Yeah thanks Munson." He walked past Eddie with his hands in his pockets and walked back to the school mindlessly. That wasn't what he wanted, he wanted more. But he doesn't even know what means yet.