The Knight's Heart in the Barbarian's Hand

"Eddie quit moving." Steve felt shuffling next to him as the man struggled to be released. " I think I'm getting deja vu. But if you'd let me take this damn shirt off I'll be back down in a minute." Eddie chuckled and ripped it off, wrapping himself up into the other man. "Good morning." Steve said with a tired smile, snuggling back up to Eddie. He placed placed a loving kiss on his forehead, "good morning princess."

"Robin said we need to get better at communicating." Eddie chuckled, rubbing steve's back. "Did she now?" Steve opened his eyes and looked up at Eddie "mhm. Because everytime I freak out about something, I never tell you. I just end up imploding later and it sucks." He gave him a worried look and ran his hand through his hair. "Is it because you're scared of talking to me?"

Steve sat up and started picking at his fingers, "no I'm not. I don't know Eddie. I just get nervous that you'll think I'm annoying- I don't know. I don't want to be overbearing or drive you away. I mean, it's only been a week and I feel like you're going to get annoyed with me or want to leave."

Eddie sat up and grabbed Steve's hands, kissing the backs of them. "Harrington I don't think I could ever get tired of you. Mostly, your face, but you're okay too." Steve smacked his arm and they smiled together. "I want you to be able to talk to me, no matter how stupidly nervous I make you. I mean yeah, you annoy me, but that's just you."

Steve rolled his eyes, "wow. How loving of you." Eddie laughed, "and the only reason I say that is because I know you're not perfect. Just as you know I'm not. But that's one of the reasons I love you so much. You've always dealt with my shit, and I know how hard that is."

"And Robin's right. You do need to start talking to me Harrington, it'll make everything easier for the both of us, okay?" Steve nodded his head and scoot closer to Eddie. "But- what about the whole sex thing. I don't want you to think that I don't want to be with you, like that. And I don't want you to start getting irritated with me-"

"Woah, woah, woah Harrington. I don't know what kind of sex demon you think I am, but it's really not important to me. And only douches get annoyed with people that don't want to have sex with them. Trust me, I know you like me, I know you're attracted me, I mean- there's no doubt about that. I don't need to have sex with you, to be with you Harrington."

"I just didn't want you to think that things had changed between us. I mean, it has- but in a good way. I love you, we're in a relationship now- sex actually means something to me now. Plus you terrify me." Eddie's eyebrows scrunched together as a perplexed looked colored his face. "I terrify you?" Steve's face flamed up and he looked down at their laps. "Yeah- yeah I just. Stuff is so different now. I used to be in control all of the time, plus you were a lot smaller than me. You didn't have all these muscles and you were just cute. Now you're hot as fuck- and I'd totally let you take me in the ass if the thought didn't terrify me. You just intimidate me, and I'm pretty sure 99 percent of my fear is just how scared I am of how much I'm attracted you, and being vulnerable around you. I don't like being vulnerable Eddie, you know that."

Eddie's expression changed about five times, to Steve's counting during that talk. "I- I'm going to try to ignore the whole 'taking you in the ass' thing for now. But babe, it's been four years. Of course stuffs different now. But I'm going to take all the time I can to make sure you're comfortable with everything we do. Just make sure not to freak yourself out constantly, I'll never make you do something you don't want to do. The second you want to stop we will. And no, I won't get mad or pissy with you. I love you Harrington, okay? And I'll damn well act like it."

"Do you feel better now? Anything else you want to talk about?" Eddie rubbed a hand up and down Steve's arm, comforting the now silent boy. "I- I think that's better. I feel a lot better now. I just get so nervous about everything when it comes to you." Eddie leaned in and kissed his forehead, Steve leaning into his touch. "That's love for you. Plus I'm slightly crazy so that kinda makes it harder on you." Steve laughed, "thank you, for talking to me. You make this a lot easier on me." He returned a sweet smile, "well Harrington, I've already lost you once. I don't plan on doing it again. Especially since we're both here to stay. So if that means talking about our feelings every once and a while, I think I can fight through."

Steve smacked Eddie's arm, immediately wrapping both of his arms around the man's neck and hugging him tight. "I really do love you." Steve whispered into his ear. Eddie rubbed his back softly, "I know, and I love you too."

<3 sweet boys. I love them so so much. I'll of course be putting another chapter out tomorrow. I've been so drained the past few days and all I've wanted to do it sleep, but writing is a huge coping mechanism for me so there ya go. But I should always be putting at least one out a day, so if I don't- I'm dead call 911.