The Fear of a New Quest

Steve was comfortable, he felt safe. Other than the man with razors for fingers and a face filled with scars on the small tv. It wasn't that he found it scary, just freaky. The kids were passed out on the floor and Robin and Nancy decided they were to mature for this type of movie and left the house to find something more up to their standards.

Women.

Steve was still laid back against Eddie, but after the girls left the two boys situated themselves to get more comfortable. Eddie had his leg laying down the couch and Steve was laying next to it, his back to Eddie's chest and his head resting on the other man's shoulder. Every now and then Steve would jump or groan in disgust and Eddie would just sit there and laugh at him, earning an eye roll from Steve.

Steve sat up closer to Eddie, planning his escape just in case it became necessary at any point during the night. He tried wiggling back to get more comfortable, but was instead met with two hands grabbing his waist and halting his movements. "Hey knock it off Munson, I'm trying to get comfortable." Eddie let out a breathy chuckle, a sound Steve found to be excruciatingly sexy. "Well Harrington, if you keep rubbing up against my dick, neither of us are going to be very comfortable in a minute."

Steve's breath hitched in his throat, he didn't even realize. That's not what he was trying accomplish. He managed to squeak out an 'I'm sorry' and tried to give Eddie some space. The man still had his hands on Steve's hips and wasn't budging. "Where are you going?" A look of confusion covered Eddie's face. Steve had to turn his head basically all the way around to see Eddie, "well I was trying to give you some breathing room, but someone won't let go." The grip on his hips tightened before he let go. Steve felt his stomach slightly drop at the loss of contact, like he made Eddie mad.

"Sorry." Eddie gave him a curt smile and turned back to the movie. I need a drink, Steve thought. He got up off the couch and tiptoed his way up the stairs quietly, not to disturb the children. He leaned his elbows on the kitchen counter and rubbed his hands over his face, letting out a loud sigh. He saw another figure walking up the stairs and noticed the long hair swaying as he came up. "What are you doing up here Munson? Why aren't you watching the movie?" Eddie rolled his eyes at the man, "you didn't say anything before you left so I wanted to make sure you were alright."

Steve's heart warmed at this, a smile trying to creep on to his face. He opened the fridge searching for a water, but really to avoid eye contact with Eddie. "Sorry Munson, I didn't know I needed to inform you every time I wanted to go somewhere, I'll keep that in mind for next time." Steve closed the fridge and walked in the direction of the basement, a hand wrapping itself around his wrist. He turned to the curly haired boy, waiting for him to say something. "You look good by the way. Really good." Steve's cheeks heated up at his words and he looked down at the ground, "geez Munson are we gonna finish the movie or not?"

Eddie let out a sigh and let go of Steve's wrist, a small sign of surrender. Making Steve feel like maybe he let him down. But he doesn't even know what Eddie wants, or if even wants anything at all. Steve stepped an inch closer to the other man and grabbed the side of his shirt, tugging. "Come on, lets go finish the movie." Eddie complied and followed him down the stairs, watching Steve's hair flop around as he moved.

When they got back down Eddie sat back where he was, but with both feet on the ground and in a normal sit position. The obvious problem being, no room for Steve to be next to him. Eddie looked up and a smirk grew on his face, "is there a problem Harrington?" Steve rolled his eyes once again at his tone of voice and grabbed the blanket closest to Eddie, yanking it out from under him. He wrapped himself up and sat on the other corner of the couch. 

He could feel Eddie's eyes on him, but if the freak wanted to play a game, Steve was going to win. Steve raised his arms and stretched, a patch of his stomach showing. He heard a grumble from the other side of the couch but ignored it like he had everything else that happened tonight. He tried to concentrate on the movie and practically jumped out of his seat when Freddy grabbed the woman through her door. Steve pulled his blanket tighter around him and sunk himself lower in the couch. Not because he was scared of course, he was just trying to get more comfortable.