Nearing the Campaign

Steve woke up with a jolt as someone flopped on his bed beside him. "Jesus Robin!" She turned to him and raised an eyebrow, "what? I'm hungry. Feed me pleaseee. You know I feel awkward going through people's stuff." Steve hit his head against his pillow a couple times before grumbling and getting up, "do you? Do you really? Because I think you're just lazy." He heard a scoff before he made his way out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

"Have you ever thought of shaving that? Or at least, I don't know, trimming it?" She was of course, speaking of his chest hair. "Yes, and I don't want to. At least not right now." Steve put a pot on the stove to boil water and got a pan out to make eggs. "Why though? You're so- furry." Steve grimaced at the word and continued to make their breakfast, pondering on spitting in her food. "Don't ever say that again. And for your information, I like it and it doesn't bother me. So there's no reason for me to get rid of it. Plus it's not like you're seeing me naked constantly."

"Thank god for that! And thanks for getting out of bed to make me food dingus." He placed the plate in front of her and poured the hot water into two cups, putting a tea bag and some honey in with it. "Yeah yeah no problem." They ate in silence and Steve drove her back to her house and said he'd be back to pick her up for work.

He thought about stopping by Eddie's, but then he thought that it would seem to clingy. So Steve headed home and sat on the couch, not knowing what to do. It felt like it had been hours when a car pulled up in his driveway and someone walked in. "Harring-" Steve ran around the corner and jumped on the man, wrapping his legs around his waist and kissing him.

Eddie turned them around and pressed Steve against the door, pushing their bodies together. "Good morning to you too." Eddie had a big smile on his face as he looked at the blushing man. "Sorry, good morning babe." The man's eyebrows flew up, astonished. "Babe? I'm babe now huh? What happened to you last night? Did some aliens come into your room and tell you to accept your feelings for me or did you do that yourself."

Steve rolled his eyes with a smile on his face, "shut up Munson." Eddie leaned in and kissed him, letting him down and grabbing his hand, walking the two of them to the living room. He sat down on the couch and gestured for Steve to sit across from him. "I promised you we'd talk about our feelings since we haven't gotten to yet. So-" Eddie cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck. "And you think I'm a mess." Steve leaned forward and grabbed the hand on the back of Eddie's neck, locking their fingers together on his knee.

"Start talking Munson." Eddie's eyes went wide and he stuttered for a second, his hand shaking in Steve's. "Hey, hey, calm down. It's just me okay?" Steve moved closer to him and took the other hand into his lap, rubbing both of them with his thumb.

"I just- I think you're perfect. Which I know sounds a little obsessive, and coming here this morning was probably super clingy, but I just love being around you. I mean shit Harrington I've known you since like, middle school. Then boom, all of a sudden you want everything to do with me our sophomore year and then you're leaving me for Nancy Wheeler, who was like, the perfect girl. The past week has been awesome, except for yesterday's fight but, you make me, so, so happy. I feel amazing when I'm with you, you make me feel amazing. And I can get over the whole normal future life thing if I knew you felt the same way."

Steve stayed silent, the vulnerable look in Eddie's eyes filling Steve's heart. "Harrington come on." Steve took a breath, "look I'm not saying the stupid shit you say is right. I will never, ever tell you you're right. But it was hard at first, being around you, you know. I didn't know where you stood with me, honestly you had every right to not like me at all. I was nervous, you've changed so much since we used to be together and it's intimidating. You're not the same person you used to be, I'm not saying that's a bad thing! I just, I'm not used to all of it, and of course I don't want you to change, I just need time. I love being around you, I've never felt the way I do with you with anyone else. Your laugh drives me absolutely insane, I get nervous anytime you get close to me, just looking at you does things to me that I can't explain. You just- you make me so happy, everytime you're around I can't stop myself from smiling. You make me feel amazing too, okay? I mean I feel like I'm floating when you're around."

Steve could see the tears building up in Eddie's eyes and in his own too. Steve climbed onto his lap and put his arms around his neck, holding him tightly. Tears started falling down his cheeks and he started shaking, Eddie rubbing his back even though he was crying too.

"Eddie, I love you. You know that, right?" Steve pulled away to see a tear stained Eddie, looking at him awestruck. "I love you."

"You do?" Eddie searched his face for any type of uncertainty.

"Yes Munson, I love you." Eddie grabbed his face and held it, his eyes intense. "Say it again." Steve laughed, "I love you Eddie."

"Again."

"Eddie, I love you."

"Again."

"Munson." Steve kissed his nose "I-", a soft kiss on his forehead "love-", and the softest one on his lips "you."

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear that."

<3 Oh my god, oh my god. I got a few tears but we don't have to talk about that. The way I'm so obsessed with these two is insane. But this story makes me so happy.