The Barbarian Gaining A Level

"Harrington I'm home!" His head turned around the corner of the living room before finding Steve sitting there wrapped in a blanket, tranced by whatever he was watching. 

Eddie took off his shoes and jacket, laying it over the back of the couch and leaning himself over Steve, blocking his view. "Hi there." Eddie smiled down at him and leaned in for a soft kiss. "Hi." He could tell Steve was tired, and that he was most likely using the tv to keep him awake. Dumbass. 

He sat down next to him and wrapped his arm around Steve's shoulder, pulling his body to him. The man immediately snuggled into him, wrapping his arms around Eddie's waist. "How was it?"

Eddie's hand came down to Steve's hair and he pet it softly, obviously in love with the man around him. "It was good- we had fun. Henderson got frustrated a couple times so it was definitely fun for me."

"That's good baby." He was falling asleep in Eddie's lap, but he didn't mind at all. Eddie got up slowly and locked the door- something Steve never does - and picked the man up, taking him to their room. 

"Alright arms up." Steve lazily lifted his arms up and Eddie took both of their shirts off, putting his on the other man for him to sleep in. "Okay, lay down princess." He did, and Eddie gently took his jeans off and threw them on the floor next to him, taking his own off and covering them both in the blanket. "Good night love. I promise we'll talk soon." He kissed Steve's forehead and wrapped his arm around his waist, falling asleep moments later.

The alarm started going off and Steve just turned and smacked it, cuddling back into the man beside him. "On a scale of one to ten. How much will Robin hate me if I don't let you get out of bed?" The man that was wrapped around him was now stretching, showing off the little bit of tone he had. "I'd say about an eleven."

"Damn it. How much can you protect me from?" His hold around Steve's waist tightened and he kissed his chest gently, rubbing soft circles on his hip. "Maybe forty five percent of it." Eddie laughed and rolled off of him. "You better start getting ready then."

Steve laughed and got out of the bed, walking to the bathroom to take a quick shower. He put Eddie's shirt back on after brushing his teeth and wrapped a towel around his waist.

No movement seemed to be happening in his room and his confusion was resolved when he found his boyfriend still lying in bed. "What are you doing?" Eddie turned his head slightly to look at him and shoved his face back. "I'm laying down?"

He hopped into a new pair of boxers and sat on the bed next to Eddie. He felt his face with his hand and the man turned to look at him. "Obviously jackass. Do you feel okay? You're not sick are you?" 

The worry in his voice made Eddie smile and he put his hand over top of the one on his cheek. "I'm okay Steve, I just had like- the best sleep I've had in a long time and I don't want to leave." He smiled back and stroked his thumb over his cheek, "best sleep you've had in a long time?" Eddie nodded, "yeah, I don't know what it was. Maybe you were right about the whole sleeping naked thing- and no I'm not naked so don't worry. Plus, I feel like you and I are moving in a good direction- or something I don't know. Everything just feels kind of right, I guess."