Episode 4| Illusions |

1 year ago
Iris's Pov

I walk past the lifeless bodies of Mirror earth soldiers. I hear someone laugh in the distance as I step over mirror's chamber corpse. The laugh is sick and twisted. I suddenly start feeling angrier and angrier. My steps are uneven and the maniacal laugh keeps going. Moments ago I had to make the man that I love believe that he lost me, and now I am standing in front of a figure. She has her head down and her red curly hair draped over her face. She tilts her head up and her hair falls to the side.  It's me.
"Its time" her laugh stopped
I nodded a yes and moved my hand to break the illusion that I made.
"It sucks being you" I heard mirror Vincent saying. I kept looking down. He won. I did what he asked and gave him the syringe that everything happened for.
"You made it believable" he said walking by  and patting my back

My eyes were filled with tears but I didn't want to show him.
"You wont hurt them" my voice cracked
"Yes but you have to do one more thing. That was our deal mademoiselle"
"Do it" I instantly gave him my hand
He held it tight and the liquid started moving inside my blood through the injection. I felt my body weak. I fell to my knees and my palms were tightly open touching the ground.

The grass ,my hands were holding, started getting darker and darker. I was killing it to make me feel better.
"Get up now" he ordered and so I did. His hand squeezed my cheeks and brought me closer to him. "Now you are mine" whispered with his french accent.

Present

"Iris was always a radiant" Viper was saying to a man. "The injections are getting her stronger" she added while walking around the room. Brimstone started filling a glass with whiskey.
"The injections were getting her stronger" he corrected her
"What if she is alive?"
"I wish she was, Sabine" he looked down feeling guilty playing with his drink "I though she killed our guy" took a deep sigh
"You made a mistake" Viper tried to make him feel better
"A big one, I took her life" he got up and hit his hands to the desk.
"That's enough!" She yelled and took his whiskey away from his hands "I know you hurt. But she was like a daughter to me. And I am not going to give up"