VI

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Words are boldly written in this chapter to signify Vincenzo's dream.

VINCENZO P.O.V

Dad! Wait! Please, stop driving, please stop you are going to cause an accident. I kept on shouting but he can't hear me. I am just a spirit, I am present in this place but he can't see me or hear me at all..

My screams were pointless, he was singing so loud, never knew Dad was a talented singer. Just looking at him, he looked so happy so I guess there is no problem. Within seconds something caught my eyes, there was this mysterious suitcase under the seat, it looked nothing like dad's suitcase, this box was looking so strange, I need to know how it got in here and what is inside. Dad kept on singing and driving at a normal speed rate so I wasn't bothered but this suitcase was giving me these bad vibes.

Right in the middle of the expressway dad's car blew up before my eyes, I watched the car burn into aches and Dad's body caught fire. It was so horrific, I kept on screaming but no one could hear me because I wasn't there. It took an hour before the firefighters and ambulance could help, it was too late... His body was carried to the hospital but the doctor kept on saying the was nothing we can do, I knew the was something they could do, but they didn't want to help. People had always hated my dad because he was a successful Millionaire, they would send him letters daily begging him to lend them money, he would try giving, but Mama would stop him. He can not always be a superman in everything, that is what she would say. I knew Dad as someone who always gives, he would sacrifice whatever he had just to help someone but mom was totally against it, and I am sure that is what led to his death. His weakness had brought him down to death.

                  ⏱⏱⏱⏱

I wake up in horror, it was just a dream, I keep telling myself... 7 years of pain keeps crawling back to me, every night I would have the same dream, That's why I would rather spend my nights at work than sleeping and dreaming this dreadful memory all over again. Ever since Dad died, I haven't forgiven myself, his death was so traumatic. After the death of my father, I swore to myself that I would become a surgeon, that I would help and save whoever seeks my help, I know mom hates that part of me. She would shout, "why can't you drop that character you got from your father?" But deep down, I can't. 

I climb out of bed, preparing for work, I need to get all these worries off my mind.