XII

VINCENZO P.O.V

" Doctor De Luca, your presence is needed, there is an emergency...It is Ginevra!"   

 I run as fast as I could to Ginevra's room, she was having a seizure. Oh my God, I was running crazy, calm down Vince, don't lose your shits, I kept telling myself, all these would not have happened if Maya didn't pull the bitch button. That lady needs to be taught some manners and she needs a new brain. I need to remind Alberto to check Maya's brain, at least when she gets checked, I will know if it's either her brain or if she was on her period.

I wait for the nurses to place the instruments on the table before I start the surgery.

GINEVRA P.O.V

"Maya No!" Vincenzo shouted

who is this Maya? Is she his girlfriend? What if she was his wife? He never told me anything about his wife or having a girlfriend. Was he lying when he said he love me or was I dreaming? Why was he shouting NO! What was this Maya girl up to...

Within seconds my mind and my memories came to clash with my present-day...I could feel someone choke me, it was death, it was knocking on my door, please someone to help me, please. I kept on crying and shouting for help, I knew no one can hear me ... I was drowning slowly and deeply in the ocean, and no one was there to save me like before. Deep inside the ocean, I saw the skulls of the ones I loved calling me home.

"No I don't want to go home, please someone should help me"The grip that death had on me was so tight, I will keep fighting till I wind this battle, I won't let him win this battle.  Tears dropped from my eyes nonstop, I don't know how to live anymore, I am tired of fighting, I am tired of death.

"Papa! Please help me, Mama! Matteo! Please someone help me, please help me, Somebody! Anybody!" My shouts were pointless, I was calling the dead.

My tears turned to cracks, I can't die like this, Lord, please help me, I need you.

"Vincent, please if you can hear me, I need you, I really need you, I don't want to die, please"

I kept on drowning deep into the bottom of the ocean until I saw a light, I could breathe the breath of life once again, I could feel the life support machine draw me back to life, but I wasn't awake, I was still stuck in this dark room that I have inhabited for days...

⏱⏱⏱⏱⏱⏱

VINCENZO P.O.V

"Vince, What did you do to Maya?" Mom shouted on the line. What the hell is mom saying, what did I do to Maya? I did nothing at all.. Or she is the one that did something to me.

"Mom I don't know what you are talking about" 

" Vincenzo, I will not repeat myself, what did you do to Maya" This time she sounded serious, I don't get why the hell she is mad at me, I did nothing to Maya, she is the one who walked up to her ass to the hospital causing a scene.

"Mom, I am not lying, I did nothing to Maya, did she tell you what she did to me first, before telling you her side of the story."

" Vincenzo, you slapped her! Why on earth would you raise your hand on a lady, you are a man, you shouldn't beat a lady at all..." She kept on scolding me for what I didn't do at all. I laughed mentally because Maya doesn't know what she has, she has drawn a line between us.

" Mom wait please, can I share my side of the story?" I asked impatiently. 

"Hmmm" I didn't wait for her to talk.

"Look Ma! It was Maya who caused the commotion at first, she came to the hospital shouting at me for not replying to either her text or receiving her calls, then she walked straight up to my patient and took off the ventilators and ICU, now tell me, mom, what she did, was it right?" I asked angrily.

" Why didn't you pick up her calls or reply to her text Vince, why?" What the hell is mom saying, she doesn't care about The wrong that Maya did but only cares about the stupid calls and text messages.

" Mom you got to be kidding me, I just told you she removed the LIFE SUPPORTER OF MY PATIENTS AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS STUPID TEXT MESSAGES." At this point I was shouting, the nurses around were scared, I could see the pity they had on their faces.

"Don't you ever shout at me again Vincenzo, I know what she did was wrong but next time reply to her messages." Before I could speak, she ended the call leaving me dumbfounded. When did mom start siding with Maya even when she did wrong things? I am really tired, I can't keep up with these people. First of all, Mom invites her over for dinner, talking about her single I am and in need of a beautiful wife, even when she said it, she kept on using Maya as an example of a lady I should marry... As I said, I am not into relationships, and besides, I don't love Maya anymore, everything I had for her was in the past and it will never come back to the present.